Getting older... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Getting older...

So the last few months I've noticed visible changes in Satan's appearance. He no longer looks like a kitten even though he hasn't been one for a long time. I guess it just hit me that he's looking like an older cat...He's going to be 8 this year.

Keeping that in mind, with the color in his facial fur changing and him just looking more like an older cat I've also noticed a new behavior he's been displaying. When we pet him and he gets to the point of uber contentment he's started to purr ( yes purr...the whole 8 years he's never purred to where we could hear it...he's not purring even though it's low we can hear him!) but that's not the thing that has gotten me it's the fact that he's started too drool! It's a new thing within the last few weeks. I found this spot on his head that causes him to purr and it also aids him in drooling lol. I figure it's because of how good it feels and it may be an age thing as he's never done this before.

It's cute but at the same time it makes me sad because I'm realizing how old he's getting. Speaking of his age...at what point should he be put on special food for older cats? I don't think we need to change foods as he eats Katz-n-Flocken Cat Food (lamb) For All Life Stages but should we be adding something to it? They carry one called Indigo Moon Adult Cat Food which is high protein, low carbohydrate, completely grain/gluten free . It says "Designed to more closely resemble the nutrient composition of a catís natural diet". I think were gonna try it because he's always had soft poop and I'm starting to wonder if he's illergic to something in that food...possibly the lamb or something else.

Pictures of his cuteness - Last night wishing the fish would swim through the tank lol

edit: I'm researching the Katz-n-Flocken Lamb food and I've come across a few people saying it caused their cats to have diarrhea. Anyone else experience this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Re: Getting older...

no advice?

thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page