entertainment for a single cat + toilet training - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

entertainment for a single cat + toilet training

Hello fellow cat lovers -
I've got a question about my single cat. I'd like another one, but the landlords say nada happenin. Any ideas on how to keep him busy and happy during the day when I'm gone? Sometimes I think he feels neglected. He is normally a tremendously affectionate cat, but will sometimes rampage from room to room, with a low meow/ near growl in his throat.

On a somewhat separate issue, I'm also trying to teach my single cat to do his business in the toilet. I've read a bit about this, and we're in phase 1: there is just a toilet seat sitting in his litterbox. He just sits right inside the toilet seat, and tries to ignore it. Has anyone out there succeeded in this? So far I feel that I've effectively decreased the size of his litterbox, which neither of us like.

I'll be interested in what you have to say - thanks for the input!
-Cattertail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Cat Addict

Re: entertainment for a single cat + toilet training

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattertail
Hello fellow cat lovers -
I've got a question about my single cat. I'd like another one, but the landlords say nada happenin. Any ideas on how to keep him busy and happy during the day when I'm gone? Sometimes I think he feels neglected. He is normally a tremendously affectionate cat, but will sometimes rampage from room to room, with a low meow/ near growl in his throat.

On a somewhat separate issue, I'm also trying to teach my single cat to do his business in the toilet. I've read a bit about this, and we're in phase 1: there is just a toilet seat sitting in his litterbox. He just sits right inside the toilet seat, and tries to ignore it. Has anyone out there succeeded in this? So far I feel that I've effectively decreased the size of his litterbox, which neither of us like.

I'll be interested in what you have to say - thanks for the input!
-Cattertail
Welcome to the forum!!
Is he neutered?, hold old is he?
Does he have toys? cat tree? do you play with him?
As for the toilet training.. I don't have any experience.. my thing is that if you REALLY want a cat and he doesn't learn to use the toilet is going to be a problem!

Maria
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 08:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_t ... =citikitty

citikitty is a great idea, but I would not
try it unless you have a second toilet.
guests will be grossed out using a toilet
shared with a pet no matter how clean.
it may also stink until you get around to
flushing it, since the cat will rarely hit
the center water dead on when urinating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Cat

i have the citty kitty too lol.

i cant get my cat past the part that you remove the litter completly. seems like if i dangle a bag of litter on the side shell go. im fortunate that my cat will pee anywhere, even though thats sort of a bad thing, she follows the litter wherever it goes.

what i did with city kitty is place her current litter box in the bathroom. when it was time to dump all the litter for the new batch i busted out the city kitty and started on phase one which is the pan completly covered in litter. as soon as i was done i grabbed her (she was watching the whole time) and sat her on her new toilet. she sniffed and ran off. hours later she did her business.

i have also found that sometimes when i clean the litter up too good she kinds of question if its her toilet so what i do is leave some used litter nearby or just use the scooper to dig some used liter out the trash and pour a little so she can recognize the scent.

hth!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page