nadia is scared of my parents... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

nadia is scared of my parents...

i honestly dont understand it, my parents are animals lovers and try to talk to her when they see her, but she runs and hides even at the slightest sign that my mom is coming upstairs. when my dad comes up she runs down behind the fridge in the kitchen and doesnt come out till everyone has gone to bed, i just wish there was a way to get her over this fear! any takers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Tom Cat

Re: nadia is scared of my parents...

I'll be honest, Jack isn't fond of my parents--granted they don't live here, but he doesn't have an issue with anyone else who's visited.

It kinda stinks because they are usually the cat sitters--and not much interaction happens during that time because Jack hides--Harley hides to but, he hides from most people.

Leslie
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

well we just moved in with my parents back in november, nadia has always been a little fearful of strangers, but not to the extent that it goes with my parents...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Premier Cat

Do your parents smoke? We both noticed a DRAMATIC difference in how the cats related to my husband after he quit smoking. Before, they tended to avoid him and wouldn't like to be held, carried or snuggled by him, always leaving his presence as soon as they could. We just assumed it was because I took care (fed) of them and he didn't spend as much time with them as I did, because he worked. After he quit, they became much more friendly towards him; they would let him pet and carry them and if he sat down, they'd come snuggle on his lap, belly or shoulders.

Are your parents loud voiced at all? Do they move quickly or erratically? It could just be that Nadia needs more time to adjust. Maybe they could try to befriend her with treat-foods?
Sorry, wish I could be more helpful,
h

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

well my mom smokes but never in the house, she is loud and always on the move... my dad doesnt smoke isnt loud and rarely is on the move lol.... i was thinking into this a little further and the house is in a bit of renovation... so when my parents do come upstairs its usually to move things around and make loud noises... but mom told me the other day nadia wandered down stairs and she simply said hey nadia and she flew back up...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page