Crazy Kitten - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
nes

Crazy Kitten

I posted before about my kitten Tasha who is VERY VERY scared of DH. She's also quite nervous of everyone during the day. I've been trying and trying to get her more socialized. Last night DH had a friend over (who, poor thing is allergic to cats) and Tasha slept with him all night!

So...

Any suggestions on what to do with our cat?

She obviously needs so more socialization but should I do more to try and socialize her when it's dark?

Should I block up all the windows to confuse her and think it's night time?

She is very slowly getting better - I moved her tree so it's right behind me during the day so she had to be near me if she wants to eat; that seems to have helped allot.

Thanks for the help guys! It's greatly, greatly appreciated around here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Cool Cat

Re: Crazy Kitten

Get DH to be the "God of the Food and the Clean Litterbox." It made a huge difference in the way the cats and dog view him.

When my son goes out of town, we cat-sit Captain (his rescued cat). She hides under my daughter's bed most of the time she is here, but she has a window to look out of when she wants and our cats & dogs are kept out of there. She will come out for the food. Any time, any food.

Mom of
Skin kids - Jason, Kevin, Allison
Canine kids - Bennett & Bailey (always in our hearts), Riley, Banker, Rogue and Boz
Feline kids - Zoey, Talley and Abra
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Jr. Cat

Re: Crazy Kitten

Yeah, have DH be in charge of food. If he is loud or has a deep voice have him change that around the kitten for now. Do not come from above to pet the kitten, be down at his level. Have DH also play a few minutes a day with him, nicely, without too much noise. I had growing up, a kitten that would hide in the rafter in the basement for two days if the doorbell rang! My 15 year old cat that I have had since a tiny kitten has always been a scaredy cat. Only now the past 3 years does she come around when people are over. Over your kitty will adjust, just don't force the issue too much.
kristy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page