neutered and change?? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

neutered and change??

Hi all! I got Brutus neutered about 2 months ago, and he hasn't shown much change in his behavior at all. I know its still quite early, and he is still acting like a kitten (which my family loves), but he has changed somewhat...

He doesn't like to sleep with me anymore, almost like he is mad at me. He also use to dig his way under my neck, and nurse, and purr his way to sleep. this has stopped. boooo!!!!!

I am just wondering if it takes time to earn my trust again, b/c he is only doing this to me. He loves to snuggle with my daughter and husband. (I'm so jealous!!!)

Any ideas??

Thanks a million!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 09:30 AM
Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to sungeun11
Re: neutered and change??

My Prince is a baby and sleeps, follows me everywhere around the house. Prince comes under the blankets at bedtime and curls up to me for the night. I would get soo jealous if he started to snuggle up with my husband . We aren't sure if we want to neuter him? Not because of that but my husbands brother also has a cat and his name is Caprica and he is neutered.

Princeton our "SLKF" Special Lil Kitty Friend
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 01:29 PM

Hi Holly,

I really don't think your cat knows who got him neutered

How old is he now? 8 months?

Two things come to mind... either he's just in a difficult age, call it puberty if you like and he'll probably change his behaviour again later on.

Or you are cuddling him soo much that your little boy has decided its too much and he'd rather go with the humans who are less "gooey" over him

Christine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungeun11
My Prince is a baby and sleeps, follows me everywhere around the house. Prince comes under the blankets at bedtime and curls up to me for the night. I would get soo jealous if he started to snuggle up with my husband . We aren't sure if we want to neuter him? Not because of that but my husbands brother also has a cat and his name is Caprica and he is neutered.
Hi,

personally I think you should. First of all he'll start to spray up the house sooner or later, and the urine of a potent cat smells like, umm, - a puma's enclosure at the zoo . Inviting guests over won't seem like such a good idea anymore ....

Secondly an intact tom will have a sexuall desire which he can't live out. This will often make unaltered toms quite moody and some tend to live out their frustration against the other cats in the house hold. A tom used for breeding would probably require at least 3-4 stud services a year to be "fullfilled", something that you'll probably not be abe to provide him with. You haven't written if he's a pedigree cat, but providing stud services isn't as easy as it sounds. For example your tom would have to be tested against FIV (cat AIDS) and leucaemia prior to services.

If he's an indoor/ outdoor cat he should be neutered to help prevent the cat overpopulation, but also because stray cats are normally not supervised by a vet- making it more likely that he could contract a disease while mating.

By the way- what does this have to do with your húsbandy brother's cat? Are you planning to introduce them to each other?

Christine
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 06:36 PM

HollyB:
My cat Milly alternates between sleeping on my side of the bed and my boyfriend's side of the bed. I suspect she just does it for a bit of a change!

sungeun11:
I think it would be wise to neuter, but that's just my personal opinion.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

Holly...you haven't indicated where you live, but if it's a place where you're starting to see warmer temperatures that might be the cause of not snuggling at night. My cats definitely change their snuggling habits as the seasons change. It's not warm enough here in NH to see it yet, but if you're further south that might be a factor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Thank you so much for the replies! We live in Birmingham, Alabama, and it is started to get warmer here! Spring is for sure on its way! (i really hate spring time allergies though!!)

I think the weather has has a big factor, b/c now he doesn't want us to hold him unless he has just woken from a nap. I was just being a worried mother!! hehe
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyB
I think the weather has has a big factor, b/c now he doesn't want us to hold him unless he has just woken from a nap. I was just being a worried mother!! hehe
Brutus is a young cat full of energy- No kiss for mother

http://daddytypes.com/2006/07/11/dt_biz ... mother.php

Christine
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjh27
By the way- what does this have to do with your húsbandy brother's cat? Are you planning to introduce them to each other?
She is living in Japan with her husband and they will be flying home with their kitty and living with family (and their cat) for a short transition period until they have found/secured their own living arrangements state-side.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjh27
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyB
Brutus is a young cat full of energy- No kiss for mother

http://daddytypes.com/2006/07/11/dt_biz ... mother.php

Christine
Thanks so much for that link. lol. it makes me think of myself. poor Brutus. my daughter is 4, and he is 1, my baby

p.s. my husband is from Germany he is from Landshut, Bavaria.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page