Keepin' Them Busy! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Keepin' Them Busy!

How do you folks keep your cats entertained while youre at work!?!?

Cat trees?
Toss live mice around your house?
Grasshopers?
TV?
Radio?
Cat Toy?

I want my little buddies entertained as much as possible and also if they could get some exercise in that would be great too!

2 males...
Zephyer & Clint
one is 8 the other is 9 years old
They are like my kids
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 02:35 AM
Premier Cat

Re: Keepin' Them Busy!

I'm home all day and they mostly follow me around the house and sleep w/in six feet of me. They seem to get morning and evening crazies and that is when I tend to join in with their fun. I'll toss soft toys for them to catch/chase, pull strings, wave fleece ribbons and glide a laser light around. Every once in a while, when I know I'll be vacuuming the next day, I'll give them pinches of catnip on the carpet. I do have a 6' tall cat tree made with real tree limbs, a 4' sisal post for scratching, that they love. Another 4' carpet covered post, whose carpet became combed out and I covered it with a tight fitting sleeve of denim. I also have a turbo track scratcher and a peek-a-prize to stuff their toys into for them to "fish" out.

Some (1-3) of the cats will entertain themselves with the toys, but the others prefer for me to be interactive with them.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator

When I wasn't working for several months, they were more active, simply because I was home. I have a couple cats that go from room to room with me. The twins played a lot more. But really, most cats sleep all day. I can tell when I get home from work that they're just waking up. Even when I'm just out for a few hours on the weekend running errands, I come home and I've woken them up.

Single kitties are just fine at home while their meowmies are working. You have two kitties, they'll be fine, too. When they DO feel rambunctious, they have each other. I have a few cat trees, lots of toys, great window seats. And I do leave the little t.v. on, volume pretty low, only for white noise. I notice it seems to calm them down a bit and not make them anxious over every little noise. Silly, probably....

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Jr. Cat

I have persians so their biggest "activity" is pretty much sleeping 23 hours and 45 minutes. For the 15 they are hyper, they LOVE empty boxes, I have two cat trees - tons of toys (most of which are under the couch). I also have large windows with bird feeders hung up outside of them. They also play and chase with one another.

Terri
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 01:19 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriNye
...tons of toys (most of which are under the couch).
Yup, same here, too. Crazy cats. They play and bat their toys around and when it goes under the couch, fridge, kitchen island or stove, they look at me like it was MY fault they cannot reach their toy any longer. I keep a stick (small dowel rod) handy to 'fish' toys out from under things for them.
Not that it does much good, the toy will wind up under there again at some point or another!

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Hmmmm..... all of those seem to be interactive with a human. Well, not the cat tree. The darn fake mice and toys get batted under the furniture like someone else said. I need something to de-fatten them and keep em active. Thing is my place is only 450 square feet.

2 males...
Zephyer & Clint
one is 8 the other is 9 years old
They are like my kids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page