Cat MEOWing a LOT! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Cat MEOWing a LOT!

Its driving me NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!! He is going to get us or HIM kicked out of the apartment.

He occasionally USED to meow now and then.

Now, he is talking a lot. Ive been packing and moving stuff. Maybe he is stressed. Im trying everything. Feliway. Playing with them more. Giving them more snacks.

2 males...
Zephyer & Clint
one is 8 the other is 9 years old
They are like my kids
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 01:53 AM
Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to sungeun11
Re: Cat MEOWing a LOT!

Maybe..or it is spring,right? Maybe he is looking for a mate Did you move into a new place? Maybe it's because he isn't used to the surroundings? I am not sure... I am just shooting in the dark here, sorry.

Princeton our "SLKF" Special Lil Kitty Friend
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 03:00 AM
Premier Cat

Both neutered? If so, then I think because you are packing it could be disrupting his routine and he senses "change" coming and he is nervous about it. Most animals are all about The Routine and do not like it to be delayed or changed. Are either of you (you and bf) nervous, tense or worried?...he could be picking up on that? You are already doing everything I would suggest to help him. Unfortunately, I think the only thing that will help is for things to be as routine and normal as possible.
Good luck,
Heidi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Im VERY nervous! But right now he is in the hallway just looking back and forth.... at NOTHING! MEOWING!!!!!
Is he going insane!?!?!?

2 males...
Zephyer & Clint
one is 8 the other is 9 years old
They are like my kids
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 04:00 AM
Cat

My cat does the same but goes down stairs and meows like mad. I already fed him, so I know it's not that. I try and play with him and that doesn't seem to work.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 05:27 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to RachandNito

Nito likes to go into a cement room in the basement and just HOWL. I really think he just likes the sound of his own voice echoing off the walls. I go down there thinking he's hurt and he comes trotting out all frisky. Silly boy.

Some cats are just vocal... hm, maybe he's got some meezer in him!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Cat

Cats are crazy...who knows?

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Skype™ to laurief

It could very well be a stress reaction. Try to relax yourself and normalize his routine. Rescue Remedy might help both of you (available at health food stores). Your vet may also be able to prescribe an anti-anxiety med for your cat (last resort, IMO).

If he's not neutered, he's probably calling for a mate. Get him neutered.

Uncontrolled hyperthyroidism can cause some cats to become very vocal. Have him checked out by your vet and given a thyroid test.

Laurie
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Cat

all 3 of my cats (one passed away, the other i recently got) howl and meow like crazy. azores doesnt know when to shut up. when i call home i can hear her meowing in the background as if shes saying, "is that mommy, is that mommy? tell her i said hi! hello, do you hear me? i said tell her i said hi! that is her right?" she literally comes out the woodwork when she hears people talking. she loves to meow and doesnt care who hears her. shes so bad that the new cat we brought home was the quiet type. we specifically asked for a quiet no meow cat lol, after 2 months, that broad wont shut up too. she likes to meow and howl at night. so its like having babies all day. if they meow we gotta check and see if their stuck, if they are hurt, then the food bowl, then check the litter,if we dont figure it out sometimes giving them treats shuts them up lol. if we dont want either one of them meowing me and the husband have to whisper, cause if they hear us, they come down!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page