Should i give him away? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Should i give him away?

I do need advice, and u know better than me when it comes to cats... i got a male cat about 6 months ago and mom rejected him... since i don't have a house of my own, i had to take the cat live at my office in a very small room at the office coz i use the other room 4 courses ... now, there's a chance that a canadian guy and his family (his brother, parents) adopt the cat ... All i want is my cat be happy whether he's with me or with my friend ... for me, i'll get him the best food, toys and all cat stuff but i almost don't have time to spend with him, can just feed him, take him to the vet, etc. (his basic needs) ... my friend won't spend as much money on him, he'll buy him food but not the best brands, he'll send him to the vet but not as fast as i will do ..... he had 2 cats, one lived for 15 years and one lived for 17 years ... all what i want is this cat's be happy, healthy, live so long coz he taught me a lot in the short period he spent with me... i can mak money and buy an apartment in one or two years from now ... but i will still work all day long and travel ... i'm 24 years old and the following years will carry: me trying to make money .. me travelling to the US to study, etc. ... so they will be super busy years 4 me ... my problem is i am busy, i travel a lot but i can still provide his basic needs, food, medical care, etc. ... so is it better 4 the cat to live with me or with him?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Banned

Re: Should i give him away?

Your gut instinct is telling you the cat would be happier with him. Go with your gut instinct. Give him the cat.

Best wishes and good luck.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Banned

thanks a lot coaster ... any more replies from the other members?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Cat Addict

I agree w/Tim, follow your heart on this!

You can always send along some food or good advice - and arrange permanent visiting rights or a shared photo album ! You will sleep better at night, for sure, and when the time is right you can bring another cat or kitten into your life knowing that you did the responsible thing for this kitty...Kudos to you for caring, too - there are people in this world that think nothing of simply abandoning their pets! Sounds like you are not one of those...

Fran
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Premier Cat

Its not good for cats to be alone alot. They bond with their people and other cats.

I foster kittens and cats and Im Auntie to alot of cat that have been adopted out. I get updates, visit them, hear their stories, I send them toys and email to them.

Its very kind that youve put his welfare first. When you do settle down you will be a great home for a cat or cats! Until then be an Auntie!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Cat

Give the cat to someone who will be able to spend time with him. If his cats lived to 15 and 17 years old, he must be doing something right.

Better for your cat to be happy.

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page