The great hunter - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Cat

The great hunter

The hubby and I live in an apartment with Velvet. Last week, the apartment manager said the exterminator is coming...I suppose people are having rodent issues. Anyway, he asked if the exterminator should make a visit to our apartment, and since I'm fanatical about sweeping in the kitchen and keeping food off the floor to avoid just such an issue, my husband said no. I don't want them spraying all those yucky chemicals throughout the apartment, especially when it's so cold we can't keep the windows open for very long.

Perhaps I should have reconsidered 'cause I think now what's happening is that the mice are running for safety wherever they exterminator hasn't been...I suppose they can smell the chemical he uses. And they're coming straight to our apartment. But I didn't have to worry 'cause Velvet is on the case. I don't know how he's done it. There is NO room to maneuver in the kitchen. The mice are hiding behind the heating vents and there's barely room for one paw. But he's caught two of them and he's patrolling the vents in the kitchen and the family room like an ever alert sentry. There are a few tiny holes underneath the vent which is how they're probably coming up. Hubby is going to plug them up soon but in the meantime, I can rest easy with Velvet on the job. He just sits and STARES underneath the vents for hours, then gets up, stretches, and moves to another vent and starts all over again.

I'm so proud of my boy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to RachandNito
Re: The great hunter

The exact reason people started owning cats in the first place... all those years ago! They have so much patience, it's just amazing. Yay for Velvet!

Nito patrols my BF's basement and bathroom for roaches when he goes to visit. No one minds, except for the time he shredded one of his roommate's towel. EW
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Re: The great hunter

It's great that Velvet is honing his hunting skills, but those mice coming from the other apartments could very well be poisoned or at least be carrying it on their fur and feet. So I'd recommend getting those holes plugged up asap and making sure that Velvet doesn't come in contact with them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page