Are the kittens coming? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Are the kittens coming?

We had a scare with Ghost this morning before I went to school. She was yowling and running around the house like a crazy kitty. She would go to my bed, come sit by me on the floor, then jump on my dresser, then check out my closet and dart off to my mom's closet (where she was born). My mom was convinced she was going into labor. No kittens when I got home though...

She's almost back to normal now. But when I picked her up, I felt her little kitty boobies full of milk. I remember reading about that in Petra's pregnancy diary, but don't remember how far along that is. For the past hour or so she's been squatting weird. She looks like a little Sumo wrestler! And just now she led me to her baby box and refuses to get out. She hasn't even looked at that thing until now. So should I be expecting the babies really soon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Are the kittens coming?

Sounds like they might be close. How cool that she was born and your house and going to have babies at your house.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

I know, it's exciting! She and her siblings took to sleeping underneath the dishwasher and in a specific corner of our kitchen. She's been checking those two places out as well. I hope the new kittens sleep under the dishwasher too! It was the cutest thing ever, them popping out one by one while I made coffee ^^. It would make adorable pictures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

It's been maybe two hours and Ghost is still in her baby box ^^. She looks really uncomfortable, constantly changing positions. And she's bathing herself a lot. But she's purring like mad, lol. And what's with the burrowing? She claws at my sheets at night and burrows as deep as she can, and is doing the same thing to her blankets now. Is that part of getting ready to be a meowmy?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

They're here! THEY'RE HERE! Just one so far, and he's TINY! I don't remember Ghost being that small!!! *is excited*
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 12:11 AM
Premier Cat

Ooooooohhhh! Pictures! Pictures!!

The burrowing seemed like nesting behavior. It has been about an hour, any more?
Heidi

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 01:05 AM

ooh congrats, can't wait for pics!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 05:20 AM
Premier Cat

How many did she have? Did it all go ok (crosses fingers).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 06:37 AM Thread Starter

My little girl was amazing!! After I finished on here I went to bed thinking I still had a few days of waiting. Then my mom came in and said "We have kitties". Ghost didn't make a sound and didn't need any help!

She's a meowmy to three little furballs! One white, one orange, and one dark one! I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet, but I'll try again when I get back from school.

My parents and I are leaving tomorrow to visit my brother in Pensacola, will Ghost be ok by herself for a few days?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 06:42 AM Thread Starter

Wait, I just found another dark one! That makes four babies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page