Lexus does NOT like being a grandma... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Lexus does NOT like being a grandma...

Lexus followed me into the closet today, so I decided to show her one of the kittens instead of letting her discover them on her own. She went INSANE! Hissing and spitting and running out of the room.

Now she keeps trying to sneak back to the closet and I'm afraid she'll hurt the babies. But I can't lock Ghost in because she goes potty outside (she absolutely hates litter). So what can I do to keep her away from the grandkids?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Lexus does NOT like being a grandma...

Someone, will have to get locked up and have to "deal" with the litterbox.

*please note, if your un-spayed cats are allowed outside they can come into season and get pregnant very soon after having their kittens. In addition, I feel it is dangerous to allow a nursing mother outdoors due to the dangers (cars, dogs, other cats, poisons) they would encounter and I would be afraid of the mother cat possibly bringing back something fatal (hid under a car to hide from a dog and laid belly into antifreeze puddle) to her kittens on her fur.
I'm not saying it will happen, only that it is possible that it can happen.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Ugh, I didn't think about any of that... She'll just have to be a grumpy mommy then. Thanks Heidi!

Will Lexus be less aggressive after Ghost is fixed and the kittens leave?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabell
Will Lexus be less aggressive after Ghost is fixed and the kittens leave?
It depends. Were they friendly before? If so, then I'd say they could return to being happy living together.

Shadow has been the only cat I've had kitten around me in 30yrs or so. When I first brought her indoors, she 'loved' all of our cats and they liked her just fine, happily exchanging nose-sniffs, heat-butts and rubbing along each other. After she gave birth, she turned into a hiss-monster. This is instinctual behavior to protect her kittens so I made sure to keep everyone seperated. She kept this behavior up until her kittens were weaned and taken to the adoption center. Her attitude changed for the better before she was spayed and remained the same after she was spayed.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Ghost and Lexus still play sometimes, albeit extremely rough and just a few minutes at a time. But they were on tolerable terms before Ghost got pregnant. That'll be fine with me ^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page