Very unhappy female cat. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Very unhappy female cat.

I have a year old female cat. She is not spade. She is a fully indoor cat never going outside (live in a second story apartment). Multi cat household with 2 dogs. All animals are fixed but her and the young male dog. She is normally very docile but yesterday i came home from work and she hissed at me and ran off. I fallowed her and she ran, when corned she hissed and batted at me. I was scared maybe she had a contagions disease so i grabbed her by the scuff of her neck to put her in a cage i have she freaked and basically attacked me. I let her go in a room with no other animals and tried to feed her tuna or lunch meat she didnt eat at first but im pretty sure she ate some afterwords. At night she still likes to sleep with us purring and sucking on the blankets like she normally dose. But then she will suddenly hiss at us run off and come back and purr again.... Im a little confused im taking her to the vet but the soonest they can see us is 2 days from now. Any opinions? If more information needed ill post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Very unhappy female cat.

Welcome.
It seems like your kitty was irritated/aggitated at something in the home and you pursuing and trying to restrain her didn't improve her 'mood'. It seems like this kitty's biggest problem is she probably needs to be spayed. If her hormones are driving her to breed, and she cannot, that must be a great and terrible frustration for her. She doesn't understand what her body is driving her to do. Best thing would be to eliminate that irritant by having her spayed and see how things go after that. I can easily see her behaving in a very reactive way when her hormones are set on "high".
Heidi

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Jr. Cat

Another thing to consider is her health - keeping an intact female that will go into heat over and over without being bred can lead to a uterine disease called pyometria which can be fatal and in the very least make her very very sick. I suggest spaying her also.

Terri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Spaying is top on the list. We will see how things go.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 01:18 AM

You might call your local shelter/Humane Society about the spaying. A lot of them do reduced cost spay/neuter clinics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page