Please Help! Cat Neutered a month ago and still peeing! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Please Help! Cat Neutered a month ago and still peeing!

hiya im christine, just new and needing help!

I have 2 6-7 month old kittens which my boyfriend got last christmas, they're both boys we call them twins cos they came as a pair and always together, my one keeps peeing everywhere and its mostly on my stuff like my shoes, my bag! i dont know how many times ive had to throw my bags and shoes out and buy new ones, he pees in the hallway, behind the sofa, in between the sofa and if i leave the bathroom door open he poops in the bathroom sink, and just so wild around the house like climbing up the walls ripping the wallpaper, jumping up the windows etc... so last month i decided it was time to get him neutered (i havent got my other cat neutered, because he behaves!) and still hes doing it, its like neutering didnt help!!! hes just peed in my new bag about half an hour ago i dont know whats wrong with him! one minute hes wild and peeing everywhere next min he'll come up sooking!, plus my boyfriend keeps scolding him which i hate but apparently its the only way he learns which he hasnt and he even rubs its nose in its pee!! i want to get rid of it cos im sick of cleaning up after him!

please help any ideas cos i dont want to get rid of them even tho they're trashing my house up!

this is my kitten that keeps peeing!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Cat Addict

Re: Please Help! Cat Neutered a month ago and still peeing!

I think you might be confused. Neutering doesn't help with peeing, it helps with spraying which is what toms do to mark their territory.

If your kitty is peeing everywhere but the litterbox I would get the vet to check him out for a urinary infection first of all.

Then I would try different litter and clean the spots he has used with an enzyme cleaner...good luck
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 02:13 AM Thread Starter

Re: Please Help! Cat Neutered a month ago and still peeing!

oh i dont know lol! thanx i actually thought neutering wud actually help them stop peeing about the place n calm them down a bit! ive never had cats before so i wudnt know much even tho i try reading them up!

its only my cat that does the peeing and wildness around the house his twin brother aint a problem! plus u can tell my one is thinner and longer and the other is more heavier

If we keep the bathroom door closed he'll poop and sometimes wee in his litterbox no bother - they do share the same litterbox and eat together in the same bowl when i feed them aswell!

and we dont want to put them outside cos we're paranoid about them running away, getting knocked down by a car or someone taking them in their house and keeping them so we're keeping them as indoor cats!

i really dont know but i have noticed its usually my stuff he pees on like hes attracted to me and tells the other one to stay away lol i dont wana get rid of them or put them outside cos they're so adorable when they're not wild!

oh and ive noticed aswell when we have visitors in the house they're quite scared and they will hide, they were like that when we 1st got them they wud dive behind the fridge and cooker and believe it or not when my boyfriend comes back from work they're already hiding away from him too and they always sit beside me when im sitting or lying on the sofa!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page