Charcoal Filters - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Charcoal Filters

Hi, Our cat is fascinated by charcoal filters. If there is one in the litter box she will rip it out, she removes the top of the automatic water bowl, and will even go into cabinets if she smells a filter in there, even if they are new in plastic.

Has any body seen this? Is she missing some nutrients?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Charcoal Filters

Welcome! Our cats would rip the little charcoal filters out of the hoods on the litterboxes. I stopped using them and the problem was solved! As far as missing nutrition...the only experience I have in that area was when I noticed one of my cats licking the rusted bottom of an old country kitchen sink and she turned out to be anemic. (rust/iron and that is what she was seeking) The only thing I know about charcoal is it is used sometimes to neutralize or absorb poisons that have been ingested? I have no clue why an animal would seek charcoal out...if they weren't feeling well I imagine they'd not be attempting to eat anything. The only thing I can think of is maybe they are entranced with the smell?

Anyhow, sorry I wasn't much help...
heidi =^..^=

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Re: Charcoal Filters

Thanks for the reply she is healthy and eats fine. So I think you may be right she just likes the smell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page