pregnant sister kitties abnormally agressive - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

pregnant sister kitties abnormally agressive

I have 2 adult female cats, sisters from the same litter. They have always gotten along well together, sleeping together, grooming one another and even shared kittens on their last litters. However, they both became pregnant at nearly the same time and as their pregnancies progressed they have been smacking at one another and becoming more and more distant. Three days ago one of them had her litter and the other is very close. Today the one who has yet to have her kittens has become extremely agressive with the other. She hisses and smacks whenever the other one passes her, growls if she's with my husband or myself and the other cat comes near, and seems just generally angry. Anyone else that has experienced a similar issue please let me know, will this behavior change after the kittens are born? Is it normal? PLEASE HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 07:33 AM

Re: pregnant sister kitties abnormally agressive

Sounds like any pregnant lady, lol. But my Ghost had the opposite problem. When she was pregnant, her fixed mother would literally run up and tackle her, hissing and growling all the while. Ghost was too much of a sweetie to do anything.

I hope you get things sorted out! Family problems are so depressing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page