Need advice - 6 yr cat buddies fighting - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Need advice - 6 yr cat buddies fighting

Hi all,
I had posted a while ago my kitties fighting, but things are escalating.
To make a long story short, I was fostering 2 strays in my kitchen this winter when one of the cats snuck into our living room (thanks to my DH not shutting the door properly) and attacked my resident cats. Since then, my 2 resident cats have been fighting.
It has been 2 months and they have still not made up. I've got them in separate bedrooms and have to let one out at time. I have tried feliway, rescue remedy, switching blankets, cages, leashes, screen doors, you name it. It seems to be my female Xanadu that has the problem. Gizmo (male), for the most part, is afraid of her and creeps around if he thinks she's near. I have gotten them to the point where they can eat together, but thats it. Xanadu will walk up to Gizmo's door and hiss at it. When I try to keep them together (after eating) Xanadu will start hissing and growling and swatting at Gizmo. Gizmo will ignore it at first and even walk away, but Xanadu gets louder and more aggressive and then Gizmo will crouch down, put his ears back and attack!!
I am devastated. How long should I keep this up? Is there relationship damaged beyond repair? Is there anything else I can do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Tom Cat

Re: Need advice - 6 yr cat buddies fighting

The best thing I can think of is to talk to your vet and ask about behavioural issues for that situation and how it can be resolved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page