Interesting Behavior from Kitty that's Adopted from Shelter - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 01:42 AM Thread Starter

Interesting Behavior from Kitty that's Adopted from Shelter

This might be a little weird, but my new kitty seemed to hate everything from the shelter. When we took him home from the shelter, they had him in a box that he was using at the shelter. In there, there was his blanket and two small toys. When we got him home, he came out of the box as soon as we opened it. It's only been a day since he came to our house, and he's only sniffed that box a couple of times. I tried putting that blanket on his bed we bought for him, but he didn't even touch it. A couple of hours ago, we kind of decided that he might not like that bed we got him, so I took the blanket out, and moved it over to another spot. Within minutes, he was smelling it and stepping on it, as if telling us that's his. A couple of minutes later, he was lying on his bed...

We figured he probably didn't like the box from the shelter, so we took it way. He didn't seem to miss it... I thought it's kind of interesting, since I thought most kitties like things that has his scent on it when they go to new places.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Interesting Behavior from Kitty that's Adopted from Shelter

Sounds like he's smart enough to recognize that he's in a much better place and those old smells are just pretty stinky!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page