Chatty chatty chatty! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to RachandNito
Chatty chatty chatty!

Nito feels the need to "narrate" everything he does lately. He used to be chatty in the sense that you'd get a meow in reply to anything you say to him. Now he has little sounds he makes for everything! He goes "MEH!" whenever he jumps. He goes "Mrr-oof!" anytime he jumps down from something ('oof' comes from the jolt of landing). When he gets caught in the act of being naughty and scolded he makes this odd chatter and ignores me, continuing his naughty acts When he goes into my BF's basement he howls "MRoooooOOOOOOooow MrrrOOOOOOW!" I think the basement must have some acoustics or something cause he seems to enjoy the sound of his meows echoing. He has this cute little grunting meow he uses when he's "getting kinky" on the cat tree and wants my boyfriend to rough him around a little. And of course there is "Maaaaaaaaaaa!" when he wants to be fed coupled with "Rrrrrrrrrrrew!" when he's showing you where exactly the food bowl goes. He's got a closed-mouth whine that he uses when he's being held against his will (it turns into a growl if my roommate Denny, who he hates, has held him recently) He's even got one that resembles the sound of the word 'no' for when he's protesting something.

The number of sounds he can make always amazes me. He comes up with a new meow every day I feel like!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 11:57 PM

Re: Chatty chatty chatty!

Flash chatters at me when he's scolded too. I usually reply with, "Don't you talk back to me, young man!"
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Haha isn't it so funny when they chatter like that! They KNOW they are being naughty, that's why they do it!

If I hear shuffling around in the dark and suspect Nito shenanigans, all I have to do is stay a short, stern "Hey!" If I get a chatter in response, I know he's up to something and turn on the light to stop him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator

When Cleo gets too restless, which is all the time lately, I boot her out of the bedroom. In response, she sits on the other side of the door talking about me. Loudly. Still keeping me awake.

Brat!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
In response, she sits on the other side of the door talking about me.
MROW! (Marie stinks!) MEEEOWWW! (Marie is dumb!) Mrreeeewww (Next time I walk on her bed...) Prrrrrr (I'm walking through the litter box first!) Mrraaahahahahaha (Muahahahaha)

Hehe, that's the scene that popped into my mind.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator

That explains the dingleberries on my pillow!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page