my cat is demented - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Cat

my cat is demented

So Velvet's got a touch of diarrhea. No big. He's acting like his usual self so I'm not too worried.

I make him kitty gruel per the vet's instructions - mushy rice, a bit of his usual food and a small amount of yogurt mixed in. He takes a few bites and then proceeds to try to find carpet fiber to eat. What IS UP with this cat and carpet fiber? I make him a decent meal and still he prefers garbage off the floor. GAH!!!!

And yeah, I have checked with the vet about his vacuum-ish tendencies. There's no explanation for it. It's just how he rolls.

I have threatened to cart him off to the humane society. He doesn't seem to believe me. Explain to me how he knows it's just an idle threat and I'll never carry through with it but he doesn't understand NOT TO EAT *&^& off the floor!

*sigh*

I really do love him.

On a positive note, no runs since the one incident this morning. Granted I haven't fed him much to try to clear the insides up, but he hasn't had any messy incidents after the few bites he's had throughout the day. Things are looking up-ish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator

Re: my cat is demented

I feel your pain. If there was a recording device in my house, this is what you would hear quite often:

"Charlee, that's not food."

"That's not food, Charlee."

"No, honey, don't eat that."

"Charlee!!!"

Then you would hear a thump. That would be me. Tripping over something very huge, like a cat's whisker. That's how nimble I am. On the way to stopping Charlee from eating something. Something that's NOT FOOD!

I hope Velvet is back to normal (well, for him) very soon.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Oh my goodness Marie!

Thank you so much for posting that. I needed to laugh out loud. In laws coming tomorrow, tons of studying to do, an apartment to clean and a cat that needs to be convinced that carpet fiber is not, in fact, a necessity for an obligate carnivore. Too much going on.

That's exactly what you'd hear in my house (though it would be in another language since I believe babies and cats should be spoken to in my native tongue ).

Thanks bunches!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 02:32 AM
Premier Cat

Both of you made me laugh! I sometimes speak to my kitties in Spanish. Mostly just Shadow, whom I call mi Gata del Sombra; my cat of the shadows. Mi amore, my love. Mi corazon, my heart. And Pluma, feather, because of her tail.
Mousie liked to FLOSS her teeth. Yup. She'd happily use the claws of her front paws to fish out single threads, either from a particular couch accent pillow (it looked pretty ratty) and the box-spring of our mattress. She would fish the thread out, holding it taut with her paw/claws and rub her face along the string, running it up/down inside her mouth and between her teeth.
I'm telling you, she was a dentist's dream.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page