Why does my cat poop on the carpet? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Why does my cat poop on the carpet?

My cat poops on the carpet sometimes and doesn't go to the litterbox often. He's been doing this quite frequently. Does this suggest that he's sick?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Why does my cat poop on the carpet?

Smir has a valid point...cats noses are very sensitive and a 'dirty' box will be off-putting. I scoop mine once a day, though some cat-housing situations may require a twice daily scooping of waste. Other things to consider: perhaps the cat does not like the litter material being used, the size of the litterbox is too small, the cat doesn't want to do #2 in the one he does #1 in...so having another box could resolve this.
The cat is unhappy with something, that is why it is not using its' litterbox. I also wish to stress: cats do not do these things to be 'vindictive' or 'calculating', they *do not* think that way. Unfortunately, doing these things is their only way of communicating something they think is bad, not right, unacceptable, awful and/or is having a medical problem.
I would give some of the suggestions a try and if none of the solutions/suggestions work, then I think I'd take my kitty for a vet exam to see what's up and if anything internally is bothering him.
Best of luck,
heidi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page