Palpitating Heart - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to sungeun11
Palpitating Heart

Hi,

Since my cat was a baby, his heart was rather beating quite fast, but the doctor said he was fine . AS he got older, I noticed that his heart is still breathing fast like a heart murmur (my other animal had). Also he has gained so much weight and I was told by my friend, to take him off the "Friskies" and go on the "Purina" because that has special ingredients for weight loss. I hope when I finish off the cans and dry I just bought, he will get healthier. I know cats live for many years but I feel as if it's my fault choosing him at a Japanese adopting center, and now he is having issues ever since.

FYI I was overseas for 2.5 years and I haven't been to an American vet yet. Anything I should do??

Princeton our "SLKF" Special Lil Kitty Friend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 01:43 AM
Premier Cat

Re: Palpitating Heart

I think Princeton was very lucky to have been adopted by you and your husband. He is an International Cat just because of his travels! I would bring him to a US vet for an exam, with emphasis on his heart function. I would also consider a better food than either friskies or purina...both are "very popular" because (IMO) they use the cheapest ingredients and are able to spend the most on advertising...thereby falsely convincing the public that they are "the best" for your cat.
Well, maybe they are better than Alley Cat or Meow Mix...but there are much better premium foods that actually ARE premium, out there. I am not the best to advise you about foods, but if you do some searches through Health/Nutrition, you should be able to find some great info.

I feed Innova dry and Evo canned. I only use a grocery store kitty-crack like Purina as a small treat, not their primary diet. I consider the Innova/Evo I am feeding to be a very healthy every-day diet and the Purina dry would be the occasional fast-food-that-isn't-good-for-you-every-day-but-makes-a-tasty-treat snack. Purina and the other grocery store cat food I call McKitty-Crack Food. Just like junkies and children that are used to "having the bad stuff", they aren't going to want to be healthy...because the 'bad stuff' is much more fun and/or tastes 'better'...it just isn't all that 'better' *for* them.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to sungeun11
Re: Palpitating Heart

Hey Heidi, Thanks, I will look into the different brands that would be the best choice for him!

Princeton our "SLKF" Special Lil Kitty Friend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page