In need of advice - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

In need of advice

Hello,

My name is Joshua Encinias. My cat Socks is an odd duck. He makes weird faces, sits on his butt with his hands in his lap. Just general weird cat stuff. Well last week he started a new habit... he's begun peeing on us. One morning my brother woke up to Socks sitting on his chest. Suddenly a wail comes from his room, and it's not from the cat. Socks had peed on my brother. A few days later he did the same to me. And a day after that he peed on our stove. Well the urine seeped into the belly of the stove, making our entire house reek of urine, and negating our use of the stove for ANY purpose!

Please prompt me with questions about his behavior, we can figure this out together. I am desperate. I do not want to put him to sleep, but if this does not stop we will have to. Like I said, he's an oddity who couldn't make it living with another family.

Help!

Josh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Cat Addict

Re: In need of advice

This sounds like he may have a UTI, please get him checked out by the vet.

An other alternative, depending on his age, may be dementia?

Also, has anything changed recently that might have upset him?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Premier Cat

Socks is telling his family...in the ONLY way that he can get your attention...that he is having a problem.
Please take him to the vet for a urinalysis and to check his kidney, ureter, bladder and urethra function. There is also a possibility of painful crystals, inflamation and infection. Cats with UTIs (Urinary Tract Inflamation/Infection) try to find *other* areas to pee, hoping that it won't hurt to.....maybe pee on soft laundry?....or pee on soft beds?....or pee on smooth surfaces like tubs, sinks and stoves?
It seems with him jumping quickly, or right to, peeing on *people* that he is desperate for help. Him peeing on people is him YELLING for HELP.
So. Vet check for his urinary health. If he comes home with a clean bill of health then we will address behavioral issues, but until his health is checked out...there is absolutely nothing we can suggest until/after a medical problem has been diagnosed, treated and/or ruled out.
Best of luck,
heidi =^..^=

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Premier Cat

Agreed. Needs to go to the vet.

Victoria
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Thank you everyone. I am scheduling his appointment now. I'll check in with his results!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Premier Cat

Yay! Please let us know what the vet comes up with. The information you share about Socks could help other people who are going through a similar experience with their cat.
heidi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page