cat to new house? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

cat to new house?

Hi! I have the most beautiful and dearest 2 year old tom cat . My apartment has to undergo serious repairs and i will have workers here all day breaking down walls and doing all sorts of loud, noisy, messy things, leavening windows and doors open..i was very concerned for my cat's security so i moved him to my grandma's apartment. I packed with him his toys, blanket, food, litter ox, everything that reminds him of home. However, he's still very frightened and hiding under the bed..he's been there for one whole day now and he hasn't eaten ANYTHING . He knows my grandma because she visited us a lot since i got him, and i also went there today and tried to feed him but he wouldn't eat anything. I'm really worried
Should i bring him back home despite all the noise and mess that will be here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Tom Cat

Re: cat to new house?

Since it is a new environment for him, I would confine him to one room, and one that isn't too big either so he feels more safe, and gets used to the new smells and sounds of your grandma's house. If you just let him have run of the house he will probably remain scared for a while. It's best to take it slow with confining to one room so he doesn't get too stressed out.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 01:22 AM
Premier Cat

Re: cat to new house?

I would keep him in a bathroom or guest room with his food, litter box, blanket and toys till he feels safe there. This is not unusual the way he is acting. Cats are creatures of habit and change doesnt come easily to them. It wont harm him emotionally. It just takes time.

Im sure it will take him several days to adjust by being in one room. Expand his liberties a little at a time.

You did the right thing. Loosing a cat cuz workman forget to close doors or leave windows open etc could be the end of a cats life. You could loose him for good. Moving him was the best possible solution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page