two of my cats are fighting - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

two of my cats are fighting

Hi,
I have two siamese cats. One is older (2 yrs) and the other is younger (~10 months). THey're both girls. My younger cat is very playful and always wants to play with my older cat. But the older cat just wants to rest. When my young cat starts playing, my older cat hisses at her and bites her. My poor kitty has bite marks on her neck that were bleeding yesterday. THey're infected. I had to take her to the vet yesterday. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to stop my older cat from biting my kitten?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 11:48 AM

Re: two of my cats are fighting

Are both cats spayed? Has the older one always been agressive toward the younger one or did it change at some point? Did the vet have any suggestions? Are both cats otherwise healthy?

2 year old cats are still youngsters and usually very active and playful - especially siamese cats. I wonder why the older cat would not be interested in playing. Is the older cat unusually withdrawn or is it an active, alert, playful cat other than with the other cat?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Re: two of my cats are fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripodcat
Are both cats spayed? Has the older one always been agressive toward the younger one or did it change at some point? Did the vet have any suggestions? Are both cats otherwise healthy?

2 year old cats are still youngsters and usually very active and playful - especially siamese cats. I wonder why the older cat would not be interested in playing. Is the older cat unusually withdrawn or is it an active, alert, playful cat other than with the other cat?
They're both spayed, yep. My older cat tolerated my kitten when she was tiny, but now that she's grown these things started happening. My kitty has some health problems because she was kept in a cold barn. WHen we adopted her she has a bad cold, ear and eye infections. Now she's healthy except for recurring eye infections every now and then, and these bite marks.

My older cat...I guess it's just her personality. We adopted her in December and were told she's two and the vet also thought she was about that age, but you never know. Maybe she's older. She either sleeps or just sits quietly observing everyone. I rarely see her play or go crazy. Sometimes she would chase after a string toy but not for long and not as actively as my younger cat. They both hate being picked up, but my older cat does especially. When we pick her up she meows as if we're torturing her. If she wants she would go sit on my lap. It happens pretty often. My younger cat never goes on my lap though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page