soft paws on kittens - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

soft paws on kittens

With a cat we had years ago we used soft paws when they first came out....i remember when she was a kitten she chewed them off, got them off, or they just didnt stick well...they were pretty much useless....now like i said that was when they first came out...i suppose they are a bit better now?

Im interested in finding out from anyone who has or uses them now on their "kittens" do you put them on yourself or do you let the vet put them on and do they actually stay on better now...are they worth it? KitKat seems to be a very claws out kinda kitty and I refuse to even "think" about declawing and im sure they "the softpaws" will save our little one from major scratches, not to mention our feet and furniture lol...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 09:06 PM
Cat

Re: soft paws on kittens

I used them on China when she was a kitten. The kitten ones stayed on 'ok' but seemed to be more hassle than they were worth. Some would stay on for a month and others I was constantly reapplying. The older cat one's have ridges that are supposed to hold them on better. One thing you have to watch for with them is as the nail grows out if leaves a gap in-between the real nail and the fake one and China was constantly getting her claws stuck on stuff and it was hard to untangle her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Adrienne, mom to three non-fur babies, two of the dog variety, and falling in love with China and Dolce!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Re: soft paws on kittens

Thanks! Guess its a "kitten" thing and not really quality..I think the kitten ones have ridges on them now, cant remember when I was looking online for them...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page