Being a brat? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Being a brat?

I've got a little 7 mo. old female kitten. I've been under the impression that she's kindof a brat but today I was sure of it. She's had a urinating problem since we've had her although it seems to get better by little bits. What she did this morning though was something I've never seen a cat do before. I got a new cheapish fuzzy ball on a string type toy. She got a hold of it and wouldn't let it go. I let go of the other end but after a little while of her dragging it around the livingroom with her I tried to get it from her so she didn't end up hurting herself somehow. she wouldn't let it go and snarled like a little dog. I was just wondering if this was normal at all...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Premier Cat

Perfectly normal behavior for something new or a favourite toy, sometimes food. She's just telling you to "back off and no I'm not going to let you have it! It's mine!" Did she really snarl or was it just growling? Usually it's the latter, but you might get hissed at too.

You should get her looked at by a vet as she it sounds like she has a UTI (urinary tract infection) or bladder infection if she's had this problem for this longstanding.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

i guess it was like a growl... i couldn't help but laugh at her a little. I kinda thought that may have been it, but she really is a brat about a lot of things. she got spayed a couple weeks ago so I'm hoping she'll calm down a little like my other two cats are.
she's been to the vet so we've ruled out UTI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Premier Cat

Growling is normal when a kitten has something that she really likes. I would laugh too!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Cat Addict

My little Alice is almost a year now, and usually she's really good, but she has her bratty moments too. I had never heard her growl until the day I brought out the freeze-dried salmon treats...she loves them so much, that I need to feed her one away from the other cats, because otherwise she'll just sit there growling and not eat...she never gets any more violent than that...she just sits and makes noise. It's really quite cute actually.

She never gets too territorial over toys, but she has pulled a wand toy out of my hands and dragged it off to go play by herself, if that counts, haha!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Kitten

My cat Ollie does this all the time...it's hilarious, one of his more dog like behaviours. It's totally not aggressive though I can take the ball (or whatever it is) off him no problem.

He also likes to play tug of war with the ball in his mouth...accompanied by the growling of course!

Last edited by lucieg; 12-11-2010 at 11:01 PM. Reason: forgot to add
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

oh I've been able to drag lilo around the dining room floor cuz she won't let go of a toy. I can even pick her up off the ground with her still hanging there... I don't make a habit of doing that, especially when she was losing teeth.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

teething, losing baby teeth that is... not losing teeth from the toy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page