New spot - am i paranoid? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 03:35 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

New spot - am i paranoid?

so, simba has discovered he likes to sleep behind my bed. (i have a waterbed, so the frame is right to the floor and he sneaks around behind it).

Other then that 'hiding spot' hes acting totally normal. so, this is just a new habit, right??

I just know cats are tolerant of pain and such, and with what happened with max im a little (ok, alot) extra paranoid.

so, i shouldnt panic, right?

Theyre both due to the vets in january for a checkup, so that should help.

they both find new spots to lay, but not usually so hidden and stuff. i think hes just taken a liking to laying in front of the furnace vent thats also beside my bed. i know cats like warm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator

I think it's the furnace vent. If I had one, I'd be lying next to it, too.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 07:44 AM
Cool Cat

Just recently I discovered my Little Pumpkin hanging out under the bed and I thought to myself, "Oh no, not under the bed again!" This is where she spent several weeks hiding when I first brought her home. At first I thought maybe something is wrong but then realized that the heat is closer to her under the bed. I just put her favorite pillow there so she can be ultra comfy. She does not stay there all day and night though, I guess only when it is really cold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

thats another part too, hes most definately not there all day. just for an hour or so, here and there.

(it really is funny to see a cat come up from behind your bed, between the bed and the wall - when you dont know theyre there! lol)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 08:55 AM
Premier Cat

He might just find the new spot to be cozy and warm, with the cooler weather outside. I find Muffs "goes into hiding" more in the winter. In the summer, she sleeps on top of her cat tree in my bedroom. But, when the cold weather hits, she either sleeps in the cove part of her tree or underneath my bed. It's just her way of getting cozy!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

I suppose it makes sense. in the summer i almost dont want covers, in the winter im chili. Like, internally, it doesnt matter how high the furnace is lol
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Jr. Cat

My cat Bella rotates her favorite spots all the time. She spent the past month or two alternating between the radiators, then suddenly she decided that she liked the bookcase. Then I put a backpack down on the end of the couch one day... and she decided to start sleeping there.

In the summer she lays out in the window, then cools herself off on the hardwood... back and forth for a few hours every day. Sometimes I'll find her behind the TV, sometimes next to the books on a shelf... she has maybe 10 or so places that she's almost guaranteed to be.

One day I lost track of her for a while, checked all her usual spots... no Bella anywhere. It wasn't until I was in my bedroom that I heard something from the closet... she had pried open the zipper on a half-opened suitcase and climbed inside for a few hour long nap.

Bella will pretty much sleep anywhere that looks good to her at the time.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifter102 View Post
... she had pried open the zipper on a half-opened suitcase and climbed inside for a few hour long nap.
That cracked me up.

Mow's the same way. He's got regular sleeping spots but sometimes I find him in the oddest places.

A few days ago I hadn't noticed he was MIA and as I wondered into the living room I noticed I had left the turntable lid open so I went to close it. I found him sleeping on a record on the turntable.....how in the world could that be comfortable? At least it wasn't still spinning I guess....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 02:54 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

I think im pretty safe. I caught him sleeping under our christmas tree. Also in front of the vent... i think he just likes the vents! lol.

(they ahve also slept in the sink, in closets, on couches and beds (human beds), on counters, on laps, even the occasional box. lol)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page