Kind of inconvenient - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Kind of inconvenient

So, Vala is developing this habit of turning my alarm off. Oh, I know she's not doing it on purpose. She walks on my alarm clock and steps on the wrong buttons. It's totally accidental. And she gets impatient to be fed, so she usually makes sure I'm up on time anyway. But still. Claws digging in and realizing I have 20 minutes to get ready is much less pleasant than waking up to music and having a whole hour.

I tried putting double sided tape on the top of the clock, since cats supposedly don't like sticky stuff. She really couldn't have cared less. So now I'm not sure what to try. It's electronic, so spraying it with citrus stuff doesn't seem like the smartest idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Premier Cat

Sounds like you're going to have to move your alarm clock to across the room to a dresser or something where she won't climb on it.

I always keep mine there anyway so I *HAVE* to get be vertical and moving to turn it off otherwise I roll right back over and ZZZzzzzzz.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Cat Addict

Yes, I think you need to move it out of the way

Monty has an annoying habit of deciding that he needs a wash at 3 am..very loudly and next to my ear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Premier Cat

Hah! Mow does that too. I don't mind the noise, it's the movement(unless he's being especially ..moist). Since he sleeps against my chest/head it's the rocking while he cleans that drives me nuts.

Usually a hard shove with the closest limb and a grumpy "Knockitoff" makes him stop.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Cat Addict

Exactly that! I wake up to find him washing loudly and rocking next to my ear so he nudges me every time he licks, ugh!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Kitten

Where do you set your alarm clock? If it's on a dresser, you can spray the dresser with the citrus stuff. Then again, that may not be the smartest idea, given that your cat probably won't even enter your room (they hate it that much).
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I don't usually have too much of a problem with her cleaning waking me up. She usually does it right as we're going to bed. She does, however, sometimes stick her nose in my ear while she's purring. That is loud. And tickly.

I suppose I can try moving it to the dresser. Although, she climbs all over the dresser too, lol.

ETA:
Quote:
Where do you set your alarm clock? If it's on a dresser, you can spray the dresser with the citrus stuff. Then again, that may not be the smartest idea, given that your cat probably won't even enter your room (they hate it that much).
Right now it's on my bedside table. I haven't had too much trouble spraying it in other parts of the apt. I got one that's strong enough to keep her from, say, playing with the picture frames on the wall behind the TV, but not so strong she won't go near the TV at all. Which is really good, since I'm in a studio apt so it's all the same room.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Cool Cat

I use my cell phone for that reason. You can also set a cell alarm to go off daily/weekdays/once, and you can set multiple ones to go off too. My alarm is just used as a clock & radio now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page