Rowdy has become mister scaredy cat! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-25-2010, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Rowdy has become mister scaredy cat!

My friendly cuddly baby boy has become Mr. skittish over the last few weeks. He is a little over 9 months, and has always been a people cat. Now anytime someone enters the room (that isn't me or my husband) he takes off like a bat out of ****. Nothing has changed in his surroundings. Do you think he will grow out of this stage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Premier Cat

Around this age just before a year old, some cats do get very skittish. Every human babies who would go to anyone, often "make strange" around a year old and don't want anyone holding them except mommy. I remember having a couple of show kittens who showed beautifully as younger kitties, and then at ten months got skittish and didn't like shows any more. Some of these kitties after some months I took to shows again and they were fine. Just a strange stage they go through---not all of them do but seems a few do. I think it's rarely a permanent state, but it is puzzling when there seems to be no reason for the behaviour when nothing's changed.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Cool Cat

I hope you get your snuggle-bug back soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Premier Cat

Muffs has always been very skittish, and would always go into hiding when new people came over. This Christmas, however, she came out of hiding pretty quickly, and started mingling with everyone who came over. She also had a great time playing with all of the bags and boxes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page