two questions! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Cat

two questions!

my orange tabby cat NAZZY she likes to rub her upper back by tail area against certain objects, she kinda arches her middle, tail up and rub against different things and stands still! what is that mean?
my white part siamese SEPHI the last six months does the behavior called dough making, he does it on my side, my belly on the blankets and upper back part of furnitures, he is 3 and half years old, he has never done it before the last 6 months and she purrs heavilly when he does that!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Cat

The kneading behaviour is just because he is comfortable I believe. That is how kittens get the milk from their mothers so its a hark back to when they were a kitten. Both of my cats (4 month and 6 month) do this a lot.

I am not so sure on the first one. I know my cats do that to my legs when they want feeding though
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 02:22 AM
Cat Addict

There is a gland right at the base of the tail that she may be "marking" with when she rubs her back on things.

Sephi is just happy! They kneed when they are content, safe and happy. You've created a wonderful loving home for him!

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 02:25 AM
Jr. Cat

I didn't know that! Lizzie does that dough thing and we were wondering what exactly she was trying to do lol. She always does it on the comforter on the beds.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 02:51 AM
Premier Cat

Yah, my guy does it very late at night when we go to bed. He sits up with his back leaned against my chest and kneads the blanket, purrs, and drools profusely. He'll sometimes do it in the morning if we're being lazy and he knows there's no chance of me getting out of bed. He does it until he starts to fall asleep and then lays down.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephi View Post
my orange tabby cat NAZZY she likes to rub her upper back by tail area against certain objects, she kinda arches her middle, tail up and rub against different things and stands still! what is that mean?
My girls do that when I'm in the bathroom. They start to walk past me, then stop, arch their backs and sometimes their tails shake a little and they just stand there. Wanting me to pet them.

Cleo kneads me every night. She used to be really OCD about it when she first adopted me. She would turn in a circle three times, then sit down, reach over and start kneading my arm while I'm lying on my back. If I scratched her face or petted her, she would have to start over, beginning with the three turns. Now she likes the scratching and petting. Did I mention that she drools while kneading?

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 03:47 AM
Cat Addict

Ninja drools while kneeding! Must be a ninja kitty thing!

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page