Tobay and the Blanket, sitting in a tree... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Tobay and the Blanket, sitting in a tree...

Well. Tobay it seems, has picked up a little habit with a blanket, my blanket actually. A lovely one at that, on one side its a faux sued type material and on the other a soft polyester type "fur"

He nurses on it, Its weird waking up in the middle of the night because of your arm moving into a sudden very wet patch, not to mention once he is done he practically wraps himself up in the blanket. Now as a sleeper *I* am a thrasher, I havnt thrashed since we got Tobay but as a side result I wake up several times throughout the night.

Now this behavior happens mainly at night, occasionally during the day he turns into the insane evil kitten and attacks the blanket with a vengence before passing out cold on its comfortable cushiony self.

So I guess now the question is, should I discourage the behavior he shows towards it? Not just the nursing but the playing with it as well?

Tobay is 12 weeks old btw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitari View Post
A lovely one at that, on one side its a faux sued type material and on the other a soft polyester type "fur"
Oh, I had that blanket too. It's like wrapping yourself inside a fuzzy teddy bear when you cuddle under it. Now MowMow has that blanket. He claimed it when I first got him. He doesn't nurse on it but he kneads it and drools a LOT.

I say give up the fight and just let him have the blanket.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Premier Cat

Muffs used to do that with a blanket I kept at the end of my bed when she was a kitten. She grew out of it as she got older. I agree with MowMow...I too would let him have the blanket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Cat

Life is a lot easier after you allow yourself to realize that it's really the cat that runs the household. You're just there for food, attention, and to pay the bills. Oh, it helps that you scoop the litter box too. Otherwise he would have kicked you out by now.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Oh, here is the obligatory picture. It was during a cuddle/attack moment with it.

Oh and I REALLY love this blanket, my hubby gave it to me for christmas about 4 years ago. its so nice. XD

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 11:17 PM
Premier Cat

Awww....he's a sweetheart! I have several of those blankets. They're great.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 11:30 PM
Premier Cat

Yup, pretty sure it's the same blanket different color. It's so comfy.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 01:10 AM
Super Moderator

OMG! I'm in love with Tobay!!!!!!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page