Kitty quirks - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Kitty quirks

What are some of your kitty's quirks?

Irving dislikes when I use my cell phone, especially during petting. He'll grab it with a paw and chew on a corner like a dog on a bone. Occasionally he'll do this with the TV remote and laptop, too, but it's always the cell phone.

He used to constantly drink out of cups with a paw, mostly because no one really took care of him until I came around. It took him a little while to get used to the idea that his water dish did, indeed, have water, but sometimes he just likes to drink from a cup.

He also used to have a little separation anxiety and if I left clothes on the floor, he'd drag it into his litter box. At first it would be a sock, and I thought maybe I accidentally dropped it there, but once I saw my jeans spread on the floor w/ a leg partially buried in the sand I caught on. He does target specifically my clothes only to sleep on, or poop if he was mad (he'd have to be VERY upset w/ me), but I just thought it was a strange thing to do, to bring them to his toilet lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Premier Cat

Well, I'm pleased to say neither of my girls put my clothes in the litter box!

Muffs always waits for me outside of my shower and as soon as I open the shower door to come out, she goes in. She loves to paddle around in the bits of remaining water.

Abby likes to "help" me make the bed...she jumps all over it when I'm straightening the sheets and she chases the pillows. Abby also likes to sit on the back of my chair behind me and watch me when I'm working on the computer. Now and again, she taps me on the shoulder with her paw just to remind me that she's there.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Premier Cat

MowMow is a hoarder. Whenever he finds a 'treasure' he drags it to a special spot in the back of the closet. I've found all kinds of junk back there from rolls of toilet paper, a roll of paper towels, toys, clothes, bits of fabric from my sewing...etc. Whenever I run out of hair scrunchies or bobby pins i know where to look.

He has a vendetta against post it notes and gift bows (the premade sticky backed ones to stick on presents). If he sees either they must be completely destroyed. Even if I'm holding it. He'll scale my body to get to it and completely destroy it.

He's obsessed with Smartfood White Cheddar Popcorn. If I'm eating it he bothers me endlessly until I give him a kernel. He sucks off all the cheese and leaves a gross soggy piece of popcorn behind for me to clean up. He feels the same way about Buddig ham(he won't eat any other brand)when his daddy is visiting (it's the only time I buy it) he won't rest until he has some ham to munch.

If I'm in the bathroom he *has* to be sitting next to me on the sink and have his paw on my shoulder. When I'm on the computer and he thinks it's enough he sits right in front of me on the desktop and puts his paw on my forehead and will keep coming back to do that until I move away from the computer (He does the same thing when I'm sewing).

One last one that I can think of off the top of my head. He always has to smell my food before he lets me eat in peace. I have to hold a piece out to him on the fork to sniff and then he'll let me eat. If it smells like something he wants he bugs me so I always make sure I show him something disgusting like broccoli or rice or something so he'll leave me alone to eat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Cool Cat

Oh my, Mow Mow must look like my Little Pumpkin but she doesn't beg for my food thank goodness. But it is cute the way Mow Mow puts his paw on your shoulder when in the bathroom.

My Little Pumpkin's quirk is that she pulls her bed under the dining room table with her teeth to get some privacy I suppose. Here is a video of her doing this:

post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Premier Cat

Cute video, kittywitty. She's deemed and determined to move that bed. She looked at you as if to say "Stop taking my picture and help me move this bed"!
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 11:16 PM
Premier Cat

That is a great video. Little Pumpkin is SOO cute. I love the flips and headstands onto the bed!
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Lol that video was really funny. She's just so determined and putting her all into it, lol literally
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 01:12 AM
Banned

Hysterical video, Kittywitty!

Allen is a marathon smuggler who drools when he's happy. He also likes beer, a lot. I have to guard my bottles closely and warn my guests (that gets some looks, let me tell you). He's very persistent and will lay down some distance away, then inch closer, then snake out a single paw, wrap it around the base of the bottle and pull it toward him.

Rachel warms my bed for me. Every night, she anticipates when I'm making ready for bed and jumps up into my spot and waits to greet me when I come in. Of course, for this privilege, I must pay at least five minutes of scritches before I'm allowed to actually sleep.

Meghan eats plastic. Any kind of plastic, even if it has glue on it. You know those sticky rollers used to remove cat hair? The ones you tear off the sheets when they're no longer sticky? Yeah, she eats those, on or off the roller. She also comes to me (and others) and begs for petting while remaining just slightly out of reach. If I (or they) lean forward, she moves seemingly accidentally just that much further away. Drives me nuts.

Spencer is still skittish, but he'll come and sleep on my pillow every night with his nose often in the crook of my neck, which I find to be a weird contradiction. He's also the most mellow of my cats and will refuse to fight no matter who tries to provoke him.

Heather is just crazy. Her favorite antic is to come flying into my living room, leap to the top of the couch, run across to the window shelf, run the length of the window, leap to the top level of the first cat tree, leap directly to the higher top level of the next cat tree, leap directly to the top of my six foot wardrobe, run across it, leap to the curtain rod of the next wall, run the length of THAT window, leap down to the closest cat tree, leap directly to my desk, run the desk in as few leaps as possible, jump to my fold-out chair, and finally leap down to the floor and tear back into the kitchen.

In about five seconds flat.

It's startling but hysterical to see.

Ralph is more of a character than all of them put together. He wags his tail like a dog. When I speak to him, he wags it even harder, JUST like a dog. He comes when he's called. He leans his forehead against mine and will leave it there for as long as I care to remain in that position. One second he'll be biting me, the next licking my skin to shreds. He climbs across my body right up to my face without even a by-your-leave, lays down, stretches his face out till our noses are touching and closes his eyes. He'll stay like that whether I pet him or not.

Sometimes he'll even stretch a paw out and wrap it around my neck or the side of my face, like a mother does to a child when she cups the child's cheek in affection.

Ralph also attacks people he doesn't know or like. I've never seen anything like it - he'll come from anywhere in the house the second he hears an unfamiliar voice and long before he's reached them he's gone into attack mode. (He drew blood from my upstairs neighbor, but thankfully, she's a good sport with cats of her own.)

Well, that was a bit of a novel! *chuckle*

Regards!

AC
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 03:49 AM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMow View Post
MowMow is a hoarder.
When I read this I pictured you (since I don't know what you look like it was a little generic) on the "Hoarders" television show crying because you can't get him to stop hoarding and it is ruining your life. I laughed for quite awhile.

Becky, the proud momma of:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 04:10 AM
Premier Cat

Well, sometimes it might feel that way. Like when I'm down to my last roll of TP and I either hear him trying to open the linen closet door to get it or I see him dragging it between his front paws like it's a feaking gazelle.

If he were human he'd be the old guy tying himelf into his chair so he doesn't get swallowed by the junk in his house when he falls asleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page