your cat's fail moments? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

your cat's fail moments?

Tiger is a big mama's boy. He was born almost completely blind. When I discovered him he was still with his stray cat mother. So I left him with her as long as I could then took him in. So he has never had to be independent before, unlike Nemo. He can see a little bit of light but other than that, nothing much. Usually, he can navigate familiar areas really well, with the occasional bump on the nose from misplaced objects, but sometimes he gets a little too excited while playing.

Once, while throwing paper balls down the stairs for him to chase, he couldn't brake quick enough and 'tokyo drifted' across the tiles and right into the wall.
Another time, he was chasing Nemo around the garden. In his excitement, he ran straight into a wall with a loud smack. I wasn't very sure whether to scream or laugh. But he recovered in an instant and resumed running. I don't think he lost what little brain cells he had left.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Premier Cat

It is amazing how fast they recover from bumping something hard or falling, isn't it. Murphy will crash into something, we'll both jump up like he's hurt, and he looks at us like, "What?" Or if you accidentally step on their tails, they just instantly forgive.

Holly and Murphy
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Premier Cat

Lololol. Poor guy.

MowMow's best fail moments are when he comes tearing into the bedroom to dive bomb the bed, misjudges the height and smacks face first into the side of it. You'd think he'd learn to be more careful but it never seems to phase him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Cat Addict

I just laughed at a Miu fail moment last night. There's four chairs around a small round table. She likes go around the chairs while smacking Jack's tail. (Jack for some reason just 'asks' for it by NOT walking off.)

Last night, she was so busy smacking his tail that she fell off the chair in mid-smack. The cushion on the chair also landed on the floor. The next thing she did was sit in the centre of the cushion and stare straight at me as if to say 'Who, me? I didn't do anything. I've been sitting here like a good girl all along.'...yeah right.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Cool Cat

Athena very frequently runs into things. I'm not sure if it's because she's cross-eyed so has a hard time judging distance/where things are, or if she's just clumsy. My boyfriend jokes that she's not very good at being a cat.

Last night he threw a paper ball for her across the room since she wanted to play fetch. She tried to leap from the couch over the coffee table, but instead smacked right into the corner of the coffee table.

Often she'll try to jump onto things and misjudge the jump and smack into the side or edge of them instead. Or she'll be on the bed, leaping about as she plays with something, not watching where she's leaping, and then accidentally leap off the bed not realizing there's nothing below her. It reminds me of those old Wile E Coyote cartoons where he runs off the cliff and then pauses in midair, looks down, and falls scrambling.

Also almost every night when she's zooming around the condo, she runs into the mirror at least once (our closet has big sliding mirror doors on it). Face first. I'm not sure if she just thinks the reflection of the carpet means the room continues, or if she's just not paying attention. We always here this scrambling as she's running about, followed by a loud "thump" and then a minute or two of sneezing.

Hopefully she seems to have a thick skull! I have considered just wrapping her with bubble wrap or making her wear a helmet.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Premier Cat

Tiger sounds like a sweetheart and he seems to be handling his blindness very well.

My Muffs has trouble jumping (she's a Ragdoll and they're not known for jumping). When she tries to jump on a table or counter, she often stumbles and falls down...poor little thing!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMow View Post
Lololol. Poor guy.

MowMow's best fail moments are when he comes tearing into the bedroom to dive bomb the bed, misjudges the height and smacks face first into the side of it. You'd think he'd learn to be more careful but it never seems to phase him.
haha! Tiger does that too many times to count XD
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Tom Cat

Apple rarely lands on her feet and often slow motion falls off things.

I have these wonderful wide & kitty friendly window sills, however Pedro is a rather abnormally large kitty. He loves laying on them, but when he falls asleep he flops off them. Thankfully they're only about a foot off the ground.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpellQ View Post
Apple rarely lands on her feet and often slow motion falls off things.
matrix kitteh!!!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Cat

Massive fail moment here this morning...

I took my hounds out for their normal morning walk, and went over the bridge over the stream, and onto the path that runs alongside the stream.

Alas, I turned to see two grey clouds thundering towards me.... Eric ran, bypassing the bridge and realised a little too late that cats can NOT run on water. Straight in, splash.

Unfortunately, the area I live in is an ex-mining town, there's a lot of iron in the ground, and the water runs orange. My baby blue tabby became soggy and ginger.

Managed to get everyone home, and get Eric straight in the bath. How do you even begin to bath a cat?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in