Whose side of the bed... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Whose side of the bed...

My wife and I bought our bed some fifteen years ago when one of the popular items allowed one to ‘customize’ each side. It was basically a shell, and one had the choice of two options per side of box spring, mattress, air tubes or water tubes. My Mrs. likes a firm bed and has two box springs. I rued giving up my waterbed, and went with a mattress over water tubes.
More often than not, if either of the cats is sleeping on the bed, they are on my side. Is it because:

1. It’s softer

2. It smells like me

3. It’s nearer to the door.

Thanx for your thoughts.

Mind you, one of them also has taken to sleeping on top of the light bar that connects to two 6-foot plus tall cabinets on the sides of the bed frame.

The other two young ones don't sleep on the bed, but DO go onto the light bar. It is quite a thump when they jump down. On either side of the bed.

Shadowcat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 01:33 AM
Premier Cat

Could be any of the reasons above.

MowMow sleeps on whatever side I'm on.......doesn't matter what bed or where the door is or if I'm alone.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 01:57 AM
Cat Addict

Likely it can't be soft enough for them to notice a difference, considering their weight on the bed... but you never know. It might be any of those things. Cats often find a place they like to sleep and then don't change from those select few locations too much, so it might just be that they happened to start sleeping there and now like that exact spot and don't want to go to any other location, even if it's two feet away. My cat is always on the pool table, my computer chair in my room or on my bed. She can be on the chair downstairs if she wants food. That's it. Outside she sleeps in the neighbours garden, always in the eact same location.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

Last edited by Carmel; 02-02-2011 at 02:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Premier Cat

If the cats have a closer relationship with you than with your wife, then I'd say it's your smell. If not, then it could be many things. Perhaps the heating vent is closer to your side and thus the cats find it to be warmer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page