Does your cat sleep through the night? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Does your cat sleep through the night?

Mine goes to sleep routinely at 8 pm and gets up at 4 am. Then he has about 3 long naps during the day, about 3 hours each.

We're not synchronized, as I finish work when he starts his night sleep and I go to bed about 1 am...

The Royal von Meouw Dynasty: His Royal Highness the late Prince von Meouw,
Her Royal Highness Princess Gatita von Meouw, Nikita Duchess of Meouw and
His Highness Cuchi-Cuchi, next in line for the throne of Prince von Meouw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Jr. Cat

I have four cats, and they all seem to have their own schedule. We hand out treats at bedtime so we can do a headcount to make sure no one got locked in a closet or in the hall. After treats they all seem to have business elsewhere in the house.

In the morning dEUS is always on the bed with us, Flynn is often sleeping in my husbands arms. Ernesto and Mimosa are sometimes sleeping somewhere in our bedroom and sometimes they are already up and about.

They are all active during the morning and will sleep through the afternoon, they will become active again around the time my husband comes home from work. This might be a reflection of my old work schedule when I often used to work during the afternoon and they would sleep through the time we were both away from home ? After DH comes home they will get fed and the heating will be turned on so then it's time for an after dinner nap by the radiator. Then bedtime treats and their activities for the first part of the night again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Only Cleo and Gigi are allowed in the bedroom at night, Charlee and Cali are too wild. Gigi is the best cat EVER to sleep with, curls up, doesn't move all night. I can thrash and move around and she waits until I'm done, then readjusts herself and snuggles up next to me once again.

Cleo usually wants out around 5 a.m., then wants back in. But lately, when she has the coveted pillow spot, she won't move, because that means Gizilla could take it, and that can't happen.

Once my snooze alarm starts going off (sometimes even before it does), Charlee is a PEST, crying and jumping at the bedroom door. I usually lean over and smack an empty 2-litre soda bottle against the door and yell at her, then she's quiet until the next snooze alarm sounds.

If she's really relentless, I'll reach over and open the door, she sees Gigi and runs like the wind.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Tom Cat

Rowdy and Malley typically sleep through the night. Although once or twice a week they will wake up around 5 am and play with their track toy... so all you hear is the whirr of the ball in the track for about an hour. They are lucky they are so darn cute otherwise I would be angry, but usually I just laugh.

Malley is just like Gigi, Marie. She curls up right next to you and no matter how much you move she doesn't leave your side, just simply readjusts. Rowdy typically sleeps at our feet.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Premier Cat

MowMow usually goes to bed before me. He's always on top of the blanket and sleeps through me lifting him (or pretends too) and tucking him under my head.

He sleeps through the night and never moves out of his spot. Occasionally if I move around and he gets dislodged he wakes me by poking me in the face with his nose so he can tuck back under me but I always fall right back to sleep. Otherwise he stays still until I start to stir in the morning. Then he uses the litterbox, comes back to bed and has a groom and we cuddle until I'm coherent enough to get up. He's good about not begging for breakfast until I get OUT of bed and I use the litter box...then he starts crying for food.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Cat Addict

Most of the time I'd have to say yes. The girls love to be up during the day when we are, so they tend to sleep pretty sound at night. The bedroom door is open all night so they can come and go as they please, but usually Rochelle and Samantha will stay all night happy to be cuddled up with their humans. Alice does her own thing quietly, and usually settles down in the bedroom somewhere once she's had her fill of exploring or whatever.

Samantha almost always wakes me at like 5:30-6 for morning cuddles, purrs, and love. So I kinda drift halfway between sleeping and cuddling her till my alarm goes off, usually around 7, heh.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Cool Cat

I'm the mean mommy; I only let my cats sleep with me a few nights a week. On the days when I've allowed them to stay in my room, they typically wake me up at 6:30 (either by Pumpkin rustling my blinds to get a look out the window or by Simone's insistent meows/trills for attention). After I give him a few pets and roll over to finish sleeping, he likes to get on my tiny night-table and knock my lamp and alarm clock off. I scold him, and then he gets on my dresser to clumsily bump into a few more things... I finally get ready for work around 7:20ish, feed the cats, then go to work. If It's a Monday or I'm working near my house, I'll go home for lunch. The cats are generally napping in the window seat at that time. When I come home from work around 4 or 5ish, they are stretching like they just got up from another nap, and after a few pets they go back to sleep. At around 6 they wake up because my flatmate comes home and to beg for food from our dinner plates. From about 7-9 they go back to sleep, and around 9:30ish I usually play with them for about an hour and give them treats. If it's a good night, they will settle down to go to bed with me around 11:30, but sometimes they keep me awake and get the boot!
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I don't even have a night table lamp anymore. To be honest, if he didn't knock it off, I did.

The Royal von Meouw Dynasty: His Royal Highness the late Prince von Meouw,
Her Royal Highness Princess Gatita von Meouw, Nikita Duchess of Meouw and
His Highness Cuchi-Cuchi, next in line for the throne of Prince von Meouw.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMow View Post
He's good about not begging for breakfast until I get OUT of bed and I use the litter box...then he starts crying for food.
I hope you have a big litter box, or one each....

My cats would sleep through the night but it is more fun for them to run through the apartment at mach speeds for about an hour then wrestle each other for another hour or so. After about two hours they take a 4ish hour nap and then do it again. Then Sinatra punches me in the face and bites my head until I get up and give him treats. They both go back to bed when I go to work around 9:30. They are both allowed in bed with me at night but usually Sinatra is the only one who has any interest in night cuddles.

Becky, the proud momma of:

Last edited by Sinatra-Butters; 02-07-2011 at 05:49 PM.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Jr. Cat

My cat has different schedule each night. If it's nice weather outside and she had plenty of rest during the day, she goes out at about 12 and stays out till 8 in the morning. If it's rainy she stays inside and plays with her toys. If she was active all day (let's say I did gardening and she was around me all day) she would sleep like a baby from 10 to 8 in the morning. I guess if they are doing something during the day (play, be alert, etc.) they are tired enough to sleep all night, otherwise the night is the regular active time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page