Snowby--I Gotta Share This! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
NRD
Tom Cat

Snowby--I Gotta Share This!

A really cool thing just happened. OK, some of you know I have been taking Snowby in her carrier upstairs to her old bedroom once each day to give her some time away from Blizzy, usually alone but a couple of times with Hersh and Little Hersh. She is using the litterbox again without any problem as a result. Each time I bring her carrier into the kitchen, she now jumps into it, in anticipation of going upstairs. I think that is cute enough.

Well, today we did things a little differently. I had just given everyone their lunch snack, and I was about to go upstairs to get Snowby's carrier when she came over to me and cried her little mew. I asked her what she wanted, and she cried again. I thought, well, maybe she is anticipating that now we would go upstairs to the bedroom (I do it at different times, usually before lunch, so lunch was not a cue to her per se).

She was standing on the kitchen table, looking at me. So I asked her, "Do you want to go upstairs?" Mind you, the last time Snowby had run upstairs by herself with me was maybe last April or May. SHe either read my body language or I read hers, because she leaned forward at that point and almost jumped off of the table. So I asked her again, looked at her and started to walk out of the kitchen. Down she came, looking around to make sure Blizzy was not there, and then she ran around the corner and right upstairs with me into the bedroom! Once there, she immediately went over to the litterbox and peed. So maybe that was what she was telling me, and she knew by going upstairs she could use the litterbox in her safe room. She then played a vigorous game of bathtub ping pong, with Little Hersh alternating with her.

But I cannot get over how well we read each other's minds, so that even though she had not run upstairs with me for 10 months, as soon as I asked her this time, she understood and up she went. It's not like I have asked her in recent months, either. It was very exciting, having that instant cat communication, as well as to see her so obviously happy. Thus, I had to share it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Premier Cat

That is a huge step....way to go you two! I think she feels save that Blizzy will not chase her if you are with her.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Tom Cat

This is fantastic news!!! I'm so happy to hear that she's asking for what she needs when she needs it from you.

And yes that bond of just knowing what your kitty is saying and their understanding of you is simply priceless in this life.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Premier Cat

Agreed, priceless. It's funny that's the thing you communicated about, because it's the exact same thing Murphy and I understand each other about the most. "Want to go upstairs?", and he goes running upstairs. I love the communication, but you've got even more incentive to be able to communicate on that topic! Way to go, both of you.

Holly and Murphy
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Cool Cat

That is so great!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

What a wonderful post! Yay!!!!!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Nan
Cool Cat

Aww, that's so sweet!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Cat Addict

I'm very moved, because although I cannot give advice due to inexperience, I've been following Snowby's story closely and praying she won't have to leave her home. I'm really happy for her and you!!

The Royal von Meouw Dynasty: His Royal Highness the late Prince von Meouw,
Her Royal Highness Princess Gatita von Meouw, Nikita Duchess of Meouw and
His Highness Cuchi-Cuchi, next in line for the throne of Prince von Meouw.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Premier Cat

That's wonderful news! And I'm happy Blizzy didn't pick that particular moment to start chasing.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Cat Addict

That's wonderful! Sounds like she has a special bond with you.

Sue

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page