Update and a thank you! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Update and a thank you!

I wanted to thank everyone that responded to my post "male kitten marking." My five month old siamese was marking and I was at my wits end.

Much to my dismay and horror and through process of elimination I finally realized that all of the marking was not being done by Ricky some of it was, but not all of it! This I am so glad about because I can say without hesitation that Ricky has not marked in at least one week, if not longer. I have kept him confined when I'm not home, used NM for cleaner and have Feliway everywhere! It seems as though his hormones are levelling out. I can't tell you how relieved I am about this. This little guy is more like a Ragdoll than a Siamese and we just love him so much!

Unfortunately I have determined that one of my Boston's has a raging UTI, blood in his urine and crystals. I know some of you will think I'm a real dumb-dumb for not figuring this out before hand but he is 6 and has never, ever peed in the house, even as a puppy! I never thought for a minute it could have been him. Now that I know it's him, he is being treated and hopefully he will be feeling back to his old self soon!

Thanks again for all the advice, much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

Yay, Ricky!!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Cat Addict

I checked your pics. Ricky is a Colorpoint!!

Yep they're a lot like ragdolls. Except less furry, and 5 time smarter, and 10 times louder and 20 times more energetic.

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Colorpoint? Never heard of this before. I thought he was a Siamese. Either way...he's crazy!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 10:42 AM
Premier Cat

Thanks for the update...glad to hear Ricky is no longer marking. Glad to hear you found out about your Boston's UTI, that was a surprise.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherylM View Post
Colorpoint? Never heard of this before. I thought he was a Siamese. Either way...he's crazy!

Colorpoint is "for all intents and purposes a Siamese".

I'm a proud Colorpoint servant. They're the smartest and most vocal kitties around. You're in for a treat. And some demands. You are about to be owned.

HowStuffWorks Videos "Cats 101: Colorpoint Shorthair"

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_ph View Post
Colorpoint is "for all intents and purposes a Siamese".

I'm a proud Colorpoint servant. They're the smartest and most vocal kitties around. You're in for a treat. And some demands. You are about to be owned.
As another proud owner (though mine aren't purebreds, some kind of colorpoint and/or siamese mix), I second that, so true.

They're certainly no walk in the park, but 100% worth it! I wouldn't trade one noisy, demanding, attention-hogging minute of their time with me for anything.

I'm glad you were able to figure out the issue Sheryl, and I hope your Boston gets well soon!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Ricky is not my first Siamese so I do know what I'm in for thankfully! However he is much, much different from my old guy I lost last year. Ricky goes completely limp when I pick him up, like a wet noodle! And if he is sitting there and I touch him or give him a little push he falls right over and rolls over for belly rubs!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherylM View Post
Ricky is not my first Siamese so I do know what I'm in for thankfully! However he is much, much different from my old guy I lost last year. Ricky goes completely limp when I pick him up, like a wet noodle! And if he is sitting there and I touch him or give him a little push he falls right over and rolls over for belly rubs!
Heehee. I have one who does that. And then my other just spazzes out when I try to hold her for too long. Athena only snuggles on her terms, whereas Apollo melts like a ragdoll any time anyone touches him or picks him up. It's funny.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Cat Addict

Mia WON'T be picked up. Monday night I tried to get a hold of her for flea meds and she hasn't come near me since. Except at bed time. Then she comes in for the snuggles and purrs.

This is a kitty who used to follow me everywhere and jump up on my lap or jump on a chair before I could get there. I can't wait to get that "Big Personality" back in the groove. For a while I was thinking she was too demanding but its worth it. She's such a little doll but everything is on her terms.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page