little kitty follows me to do laundry - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

little kitty follows me to do laundry

This is a first for me because my other two cats would never dream of doing this.. but today I'm doing laundry and Lilo (quite small, trying to get her to gain back muscle mass) followed me out my apartment door on my way to putting another load in. I figured... well, lets see what she does. She followed me down the steps and up to the door leading outside where she stopped... that figures.. to cold for her yet. I set her in the laundry basket and walked to the other side of the building with her in tow. Once I got through the doors and into the laundry room I set the basket down where she (while I was going about my chore) got out of the basket, explored the table and floor. Once I was ready to leave (the washer and dryer didn't even seem to freak her out) I started making the come here lilo noises (clicking my tounge.. hard to explain) and she followed me through two doors until she got to the outside one... had to carry her again, can't blame her though, it's below freezing. Once I got back to my half of the building I set her down and she followed me up the stairs and through our apartment door.

My other two, Missy and Stitch won't do this but have their own ways of getting outside. Missy gets let out on the back porch during the summer, where she can also have access to a small section of roof (it's flat and set up perfectly for gardening....I can't let Stitch out there, I tried and he's fallen off the roof... twice. Thought he would've learned the first time.) and Stitch walks on a leash. I think I will also start Lilo on a leash this summer once she gains some weight back.. after today I think she'll be a very good canidate.

Anybody else have stories like this? I mean besides like Stitch falling off the roof... that scared years off me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Before anybody says anything, I do realize that part of the reason she went back home so easily was because it's cold out... but part of me believes theres more to it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 04:14 AM
Tom Cat

I don't have any similar stories because my cats are all indoor only, but I do have one that is close to my cat falling off the roof (only it was through a window).

Mirage loves basking in windows. I think it's cause she knows how pretty she is and she feels that it is her allotment in life to share her gorgeousness with the world Well she and Cloud were goofing off one summer evening and were running through the house. The window was open. While she was running she decided to take a leap towards the window and latched onto the screen, popping it open and taking her out the window with it. Bare in mind this is a second story window. I have never been so thankful that my husband was a college baseball player as in that moment. He was quick and barely caught her before she was out of reach. I hate to even imagine what would have happened if he wasn't there. She about gave us a heart attack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 07:57 AM
Jr. Cat

My little kitty decided to jump out of the upstairs bed room window at two in the morning. I had a 'discussion with my husband' that I was concerned with leaving any windows open because she was on heat (due to get her spayed). He said there was no way that she would be foolish enough to jump from that hight, I disagreed...but he throw a tantrum of epic proportions and the window had to stay open because it was summer and he was warm.

About 2am I heard a rustling in the dark bed room and before I could even open my eyes, I heard Tahllula jump up on the window ledge and I just heard her miaow disappearing into the distance and a thud outside. I jumped up straight away and just saw her tearing down the road. I ran out side to look for her but she was gone. I was so worried that she may have done herself an injury and when she came back the next day, she was completely find, well knocked up, but fine.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Stitch is just pain clumsy. I don't know how many times he's fallen getting on top of and getting down from the cat tree. He's ended up head first into the pocket of my curtains (they're pinned up because of the heater under the window). Doesn't stop him from wanting to be on the very top of the cat tree though. Missy is 15 lbs and is 10X as graceful... lol.

love the story about Mirage... part of me laughed the other part scared for her. Lilo is our first cat to keep her claws (my fiance was raised on declawing cats... most apartments require it, and I've finally convinced him that its not such a bad thing and she does absolutely marvalous as long as she has scratch posts around) and she had this big thing about clinging to the screen on our back door. She likes to be atleast within eyesight of me... sometimes I wish she were a little more independent, other times not so much. Just about everytime I sit down at the computer she's on my lap (she is now) curled up or wanting a pet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page