My Tilly is like a whole new cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

My Tilly is like a whole new cat

Since Bob passed, she has grieved but she really has seemed to come into her own in the past week

Where she had shown virtually no interest in being petted in the past (except for a few rare occasions,), but she's always coming up to me now and actively looking for me to engager her with pats and cuddles. She's currently sitting right next to me on the sofa sleeping, this is also new.

She has never really shown any intrest in her toys (and there has been a lot of money spent on toys), except when she was a kitten. She is now playing and asking to play all the time. I bought her a cheap goldfish on elastic one (cost a 1 cheapest I have ever bought and it was just on the off chance) and she loves it.

She's also playing more on her cat tree and as soon as I wake up in the morning, she's there.

I know it was difficult for her with Bob around because he was needy and you couldn't play with her with out him butting in and she had no interest in us all playing together. I just thought her change in temperament when Bob came was because she was getting older but then she was never a lap cat to begin with. I would hate to think that this was her all along and Bob never let her express herself. She has always had the feeling that even though I bonded with Bob more, she was the one that loved me the most, because when I was down, she would be the first one over giving me head buts and hanging round, but she wanted nothing in return from them. He deffo wanted all of the pets back lol.

It would seem that she is actually enjoying it just being us. Its totally sad that Bob has gone, I am still crying over him (and so is my neighbour who I only just told today), and what I'm about to say with never ever diminish the love that I have and will always have in my heart for my special little guy but I'm now looking at this perhaps the best thing that could have happened to Tahlulla

Well that rules out any other kitties for me for (hopefully) a long time. I have my little girl back.

I guess the motto of our little story is, out of poop comes Rose's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Premier Cat

Some cats do better as an only cat and Tahlulla might just be that type of cat. I'm glad to hear something good appears to have arisen from what has been a very difficult time for you. Enjoy your little girl!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Premier Cat

Yes, it certainly seems Talullah did feel restricted in being able to really express herself. I had a somewhat similiar thing happen. A bully cat who hated his half-sister and would attack her frequently, especially if I paid the least bit of attention to her. He was extremely jealous of her. When he died, she was a completely changed cat, like your Talullah. She came and cuddled in our laps, rubbed up against us, played as a kitten and really just enjoyed herself so much. She no longer walked around as if she were on eggshells or kept to herself. She had put up with her bully brother for about six years, and rest of her life she was a very happy cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Senior Cat

My Tammy was just like that too. That's not so say she didn't love her brother, Ginger, but after he went missing something changed with her. She came out of her shell and was suddenly a playful and cuddly little thing. She's always been Boss Cat, but she most definitely enjoys being an only cat (she'll hiss and growl if she so much as sees a cat in HER garden!) she's now the boss of the dog!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Cool Cat

As they say - there is a silver lining behind every cloud. I'm glad she' opening up to you.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Premier Cat

Of course you miss your boy but this sounds like a whole new opportunity to get to know Tahlulla all over again and bond even more with her. It was under terrible circumstances but what an exciting thing for her to be able to come out of her shell and enjoy her family again.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

It is amazing, for the first time in three weeks I have woken up to a kitty marching on my bed wanting me to wake up. She has never ever done this before. She has also been all over me today wanting lots of pats and cuddles and wanting me to stroke her tummy.

I honestly cannot get over the change in her but I love it. Its great to think that she can actually just be herself.

Must dash, I'm being summoned to go play
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page