Things WERE going so well :( - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
Things WERE going so well :(

Things were good. There were several days without incident... I think we had a good two weeks of peace. Slowly, things have gone downhill.

Skylar would always focus on Tristan. But for a while, she did not go after him. He was still fearful, would see her and back away but was not hiding from her like he used to. I've noticed her staring more intensely lately. Then the attacks began again.

The first time was shortly after I had gone to bed. It was loud, and it lasted FOREVER. Normally, there's a scream or two and then they stop, just staring at each other with tails swishing until I scatter them away. This was several seconds while I laid in bed and thought "it'll be over soon... it'll be over soon... it has to be over soon!" then finally got up, walked down the hallway and into the room they were in. Picked Skylar up and she spent the night in the basement.

Again a couple of nights later. They were fine all day and as soon as I went to bed they went at it.

Since then I've seen her stalk and chase him a few more times. Once, he was on the back porch enjoying the warm sunshine and playing with Logan. She ran out there, batted him around and chased him through the kitchen. I caught her mid-flight, scruffed her and closed her in a room by herself.

The good thing is Tristan doesn't seem overly phased by the attacks. As soon as I get her away, he comes right back out and is his normal happy self. There are times he comes into a room a little slowly, cautiously, looking for her. But he doesn't stay hidden and is very social with me and the other pets.

Nothing has changed. She's still on her medication. I've started keeping them apart when I'm not home and when I go to bed. And any time I see her focus on him and get a little tense I give her a little tap. If she starts towards him I put her in another room.

I don't know what else to do. But mostly, I don't know why... things were going so well.

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 12:02 AM
Tom Cat

I can sympathize. Why does it always seem to happen when we go to bed? Cinco waits till I go to bed to attack Poppet. He will even come running if I'm outside calling her. He starts looking for her and if she hears his bells, she won't come. It makes me so mad!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page