I Thought We Had This Fixed -- *sighs* - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

I Thought We Had This Fixed -- *sighs*

I get to work this morning and am getting something out of my purse and smell something funky - SURE ENOUGH - someone peed on the side of my purse. I was so sure this problem was taken care of when Satin got fixed. So tonight I go home and find out where all else she's been peeing. Now I have no idea why she's doing this??!!! BEYOND frustrating !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Premier Cat

Geeez! just when you get them straightened out, they throw in a monkey wrench, just to keep you on your toes! Darn!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Cat Addict

What do you feed them? Bengals have very picky digestive/urinary tracks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

She gets fancy feast (about a tbsp) in the morning before I go to work, at night she gets half a can of friskys wet - and during the day free fed dry food - wellness indoor health... and treats every now and again..

The woman who had her before I did fed her Friskies dry food - but I changed her to the wellness because I've heard its healthier.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Cat

Have you had her checked by the vet? Sometimes inappropriate elimination is caused by a medical issue, and sometimes it's behavioral.

(Have you written another thread on this already? - you said "I thought we had fixed this....")
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Cat Addict

Some Bengals have really bad issues with grains. I think the fancy feast and friskies wet foods contain grains. I know my Teddy also has issues with fish flavors.

When I had Teddy on even high quality food that contained ANY grains he would get a UTI every 3-6 months. Once I switched him, he only had 1 UTI in the span of 2 years and that was because of the stress of travel to my parents' and my sister was feeding them pasta as a treat *facepalm*.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

She had problems peeing in the house before - she ws in heat -when we got her fixed it stopped - TIL NOW.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Cat

It's so hard to eliminate the residual smell from cat urination, and then they continue to use the same spot. Do you have "Natures Miracle" or some other enzyme cleaner? That's really the only thing that will effectively eliminate the residual smell. Don't use any other soaps or cleaners first, always the enzyme cleaner. You can soak the purse in it. Personally I would toss the purse unless it's washable/soakable.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Thankfully the purse is a cloth one -- but I will throw it out if I can't remove the smell.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Cat Addict

I'm sorry Satin is doing it again

I would take her back to the vet to make sure she doesn't have a UTI, it has been long enough where she could have developed one.

Becky, the proud momma of:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page