clipping nails - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Cat

clipping nails

I'v got a question for you all about this. Cutie can't stand any one cutting her nails and the last time the vet had to do it she peed on the table . Is there a way l could give her something to make sleepie and then do them myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Premier Cat

@Janeway, I think you would do better by trying to get her used to handling her toes and work your way up to trimming her nails. Don't make a big deal out of it, just go slowly start by touching her paws, then her individual toes then separating her toes apart and handling them and finally get her to where you can manipulate her feet and press her claws out. Give her treats each time she lets you touch her feet and teach her that footsie time is fun time.

I have a small pair of cat nail clippers that I use and it's always done in just a few moments, he gets his treats and we're all happy. It took a little while to get him used to me handling his feet but now he's just fine. He knows it means extra treats, praise and cuddles from me.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Cat

MowMow l will tell my dad that due to l'm not there all the time (l'm there more when l have to take of my dad) but is there an other ideas out there. MowMow l also like your avater.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Cat Addict

I use a clipper for cat claws. The girls get their nails clipped every two weeks. Alice's nails grow very fast, and we know when it's getting time to clip when she digs those little scythes into your legs when she wants attention. I'm lucky, because I have help with clipping. I sit on the toilet and hold the cat, while my boyfriend clips...makes it quick and easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page