Male v. Female Peeing Style? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Male v. Female Peeing Style?

I've noticed that Cricket, my male cat, will sort of have his hind end up a little when he pees, sometimes even standing while he does it so that it ends up in a line in the box rather than a concentrated clump.

On the other hand, my female, Ellie, would tend to squat more, kind of like you'd see a female dog pee.

Is this how it usually is? The reason I'm asking is because my newest cat, Snow Kitty, seems to squat like Ellie did, but we thought he was a boy. Well, then we thought he was a girl. And then a boy. The vet went to spay him/her and couldn't even tell!

So the squatting is making me think about him being a girl again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Premier Cat

The vet coundn't tell the sex of your kitten? I think you need a new vet? I guess it's possible kitty could be a hermaphrodite. Tho I admit I did had a kitten many years ago that had me fooled for a few months....called him M.G. for "My Guy", and when I finally realized it was female, still called her M.G. for "My Girl".

Usually, both males and females squat when peeing, unless they're "marking territory", and then both stand and spray.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Tom Cat

My girl squats, my boy likes to prop a leg up the side of the box sometimes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Well, Snow Kitty is fully grown and has very, very long fur. You really can't see anything there, and I certainly couldn't check him while he was still outdoors and wild.

The vet's tech initially said "female" because she didn't note anything obvious. Then the vet shaved SK's belly looking for a spay scar and saw none, so we scheduled SK to be spayed. When they went to do it the vet thought that SK was a bit too heavy...light? to not have already been spayed, so she shaved SK's belly even more trying to find the scar but still found none. They wet SK's fur "down there" to see what they could find and saw what they thought were testicles, but they were so small she figured SK must be a neutered male, but still she found no neuter scars either.

So we decided he's a boy and had been fixed already.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesushi View Post
My girl squats, my boy likes to prop a leg up the side of the box sometimes.
The 3-legged pee.....Yoshi does that sometimes as well.
A 3-legged poo sometimes, too.

I think it gives them better leverage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page