My Moody Maxie - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Cat

My Moody Maxie

You knowwww, I could probably start a YouTube channel like the "Mean Kitty", but instead call it "Moody Maxie", LOL.

When she wants attention only when she wants it... and sometimes when I'm sitting at my computer, she stretches her paws up on my legs as if she's saying "pick me up". This is few and far between but I love it so much when she does it. SO cute. So I pick her up and pet her, or comb her, she seems to love it... for a short while..

Then.. all a sudden she's acting like phyco kitty, and mowin at me in her high pitched but mean sounding mow..lol. She'll even nip, if I don't put her down right away when I sense she's getting upset.

Overstimulation is my best conclusion. Sometimes I laugh, as I can't believe she can switch like that sometimes, and it's kinda cute. Sometimes I'm afraid of her when she does that - I've never had a cat do that. Sure, they mow to get down, but Maxie acts like she's gonna attack me sometimes.

I don't know how she got that way, she's always been that way since I adopted her. My best guess is that the little girl she used to play with wrangled her around quite a bit (per her mom) Not sure though.

She also has feline herpes, which makes me wonder sometimes if she has some pain with that, not sure.

There's so much more to her personality, it's amazing. She TALKS sometimes too! Like today, when I left early to go to work (my other kitty Lexie is at the vet today/got spayed).. well today Maxie was mewing at me leaving when I was going out the door. She' does that sometimes.. she'll "talk" to me. Sometimes when I tell her "no" , she'll meow back as if to say, 'NO" back at me.. lol.

Kinda just sharing but also wondering if by chance anyone knows why Maxie would get a bit nasty after some petting (besides overstimulation).

Thanks!

Oh, and PS.. she loves when I hold her (sometimes) on her back and she stretches her paws all backward toward the floor... lol. So cute, she must like the feeling of it on her back or something.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Shamu; 08-05-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Premier Cat

I think you got it right....over stimulation. Some cats can take just so much and others can never get enough! It may or may not have been how a little girl handled her, some cats are just like that. Watch for signs of displeasure, twitching of the tail, dilated eyes, ears going sideways or back, and put her down, or you get up, before she goes "psycho". Don't you just love it when they talk? Something I really adore.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Cat Addict

Funny, I was thinking about how I love cats that talk when I got into this thread.

Sometimes the cat likes the bonding but not so much the petting, so I leave my hand on them without moving it. Again, it depends on the cat, some love this and some not at all. Some cats love to be petted, but only for a few seconds, then they bite. I have a couple like that. They're constantly on me or by me, glued to me all the time, but if I pet them they become restless. Some cats like to rub themselves on you and can't stand being petted.

The Royal von Meouw Dynasty: His Royal Highness the late Prince von Meouw,
Her Royal Highness Princess Gatita von Meouw, Nikita Duchess of Meouw and
His Highness Cuchi-Cuchi, next in line for the throne of Prince von Meouw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by catloverami View Post
I think you got it right....over stimulation. Some cats can take just so much and others can never get enough! It may or may not have been how a little girl handled her, some cats are just like that. Watch for signs of displeasure, twitching of the tail, dilated eyes, ears going sideways or back, and put her down, or you get up, before she goes "psycho". Don't you just love it when they talk? Something I really adore.
Yes, its great when Maxie talks, love it. I've always talked to her too, I hope to keep to.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straysmommy View Post
Funny, I was thinking about how I love cats that talk when I got into this thread.

Sometimes the cat likes the bonding but not so much the petting, so I leave my hand on them without moving it. Again, it depends on the cat, some love this and some not at all. Some cats love to be petted, but only for a few seconds, then they bite. I have a couple like that. They're constantly on me or by me, glued to me all the time, but if I pet them they become restless. Some cats like to rub themselves on you and can't stand being petted.
Yes, thank you, that is a good idea, just putting my hand on her sounds like a good idea. Maxie is a rubber too, but goes get stimulated.

Momma is stressed right now, worrying too much. Lexie is home from being spayed, I feel so bad with that STUPID ECOLLAR on her, but when I've taken it off, she's trying to lick, darn it. Then I got Maxie hissing at Lexie, which I know is normal, because Lexie isn't Lexie right now while on pain meds. No jumping, no running, no playing, or her incision could come out or become infected. Trying to keep them both contented is difficult as heck. Don't know what Im gonna do on Tuesday when I go back to work. Gotta way my options. May be best to keep MAXIE in the bathroom as Lexie hates being confined and Maxie seems fine with it, almost likes it.. rofl. But then I worry what Lexie will "jump" on. (I live in 1 bedroom, my options are limited)

Aaaaaah Im losing it, I'm way more moody than Maxie today.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page