Constant Meowing - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Constant Meowing

3 year old nuetered male has been having a moment for about 4 weeks. Meowing NON STOP during the night, im bordering giving him away to my parents i need rest as i work 6 days a week at the moment, how do i get him to stop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Tom Cat

You stop hearing him Seriously there are ways you can guide his behaviour, but what a cat wants to do, in the end they'll do! Perhaps he thinks he's singing you a lullaby.

Is he sleeping with you or separated from you? Maybe he's a sad little boy who'd like to sleep with you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Premier Cat

Weren't you having this same problem back in April? What did you to to quiet him down then?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Cat Addict

Mine meow at night when they don't get enough play in the daytime. They get restless.

Becky, the proud momma of:

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 05:54 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpellQ View Post
You stop hearing him Seriously there are ways you can guide his behaviour, but what a cat wants to do, in the end they'll do! Perhaps he thinks he's singing you a lullaby.

Is he sleeping with you or separated from you? Maybe he's a sad little boy who'd like to sleep with you!
sleeps all over the house, not often with me. i reckon hes just keen to go out but its a no no.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 06:01 AM
Senior Cat

He's probably just bored then. Get him a cat tree, and some cat toys to bat around at night, it should help a lot.

The dog may be wonderful prose, but only the cat is poetry. - French Proverb
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

bloke has gone to mum and dads for a few days. they have 2 other cats he gets along with well and a good area with windows and cat trees.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 07:32 AM
Tom Cat

On a related issue . .

meowing I could probably take (I think). Don't know about 24/7 though!

But how long after being neutered does it take for the caterwauling to cease?
It's only intermittent, so I can put up with it, but my neighbor isn't very happy. I understand that it takes some time for the hormones to "pass through". I am amazed at the volume of noise that can come from a small animal!!!!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Banned

I have a box fan, that I turn the oppisit way from me. I turn it on high and sleep with my bedroom door open. I dont hear Mia when she is playing at night and she can come get in bed when shes ready to sleep. Works great!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-26-2011, 03:22 AM
Cam
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyle View Post
meowing I could probably take (I think). Don't know about 24/7 though!

But how long after being neutered does it take for the caterwauling to cease?
It's only intermittent, so I can put up with it, but my neighbor isn't very happy. I understand that it takes some time for the hormones to "pass through". I am amazed at the volume of noise that can come from a small animal!!!!
We got Bertie neutered about 3 weeks ago and he was awful at first for waking us up in the middle of the night. I'm glad to say he's mellowed out a bit now, and only meows in the morning just before we get up.
So judging on our experience, I'd say give it a couple of weeks? It was really bad right after he was fixed, and much better now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page