Cherry is a monster - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Cherry is a monster

Cherry is growing into quite the monster. She has started to steal papers in the night and hoards them in my room. She takes them and rips them apart. This isn't that big of a deal except that she's taking unopened bills, receipts, and other important papers and she's making my room a mess. She also has started to carry around strips of fabric that she finds. And she likes to drop little objects(fabric, toys, hair bands, gum wrappers, etc.) in her water bowl, then she takes them out and leaves them where I step on them.

Since I just started high school, I've barely had time to play with her and when I do have time she just wants to sleep. Is there a way to stop this behavior? I've asked if we could get another cat to play with her during the day but that was shot down quickly.

"Dogs have Masters. Cats have staff." - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 06:59 PM
Cat

Ok, no offense meant but your cat is really not a monster. Your cat is just... playing. No one else is playing with her, or else she just prefers to play by herself. That's all. Between them, my two cats do all of the behaviors you describe. Moxie is my paper chewer, so we keep important papers out of her reach (put them in a cupboard, a breadbox, get a box with a lid etc.) and simply clean up after her if she tears something up. Sassy has always loved to playing with small toys, and her favorite are hair bands, twist ties, or milk jug rings. Again, either keep all that stuff in a drawer or just tidy up when she does manage to get her paws on some. If you don't want her to take stuff into your room just close the door, or tidy up after her. There's no way to get your cat to stop playing. Even if you had two they might BOTH just play this way (like my two )

My Moxie drops things in her water bowl occasionally - she once found a dryer sheet and dragged that into her water bowl, and made a heck of a mess in the process. I've read that cats do that because they're trying to put their toys 'away', or put them somewhere safe. Their eating and drinking area belongs to them, so their toys are safe there. All you have to do is check her water bowl a couple times a day, take out her toys and give her clean water. Someone should be checking her water dish daily anyway. You could also try leaving an empty bowl by her feeding area and see if she'll put her toys away into the empty bowl instead. As for stepping on wet toys.... that's annoying but it's nothing compared to stepping on hair balls while you're half asleep
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 02:15 AM
Cat Addict

Cherry is bored.

Becky, the proud momma of:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page