Why doesn't my cat rub against me? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Why doesn't my cat rub against me?

My Emma, who is a little over a year old now, has never, not once, rubbed against my legs or anywhere else, and I can't figure out why. She was 8 weeks old on the side of the road when I found her, and she has a diaphragmatic hernia that will require surgery very soon; so does anyone know why she doesn't rub in the normal way a cat usually does? I've never had a cat that didn't. My other cat rubs constantly, and Emma sees him do it, but still there's no affection that way. Now, she does show affection by butting her nose and head to mine, and she loves to sleep on me and right beside me every night, and she'll "hug" me, meaning she'll get as close as she can to me and just lean in to me - so sweet. But I'd love to know if anyone may know the answer to my question, or is it just her personality? Any thoughts?

KK (Tiger and Emma's Best Friend & Keeper - Because of them, my world is a happier place.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 03:42 AM
Cat

I have two cats, one that rubs and one that doesn't. Moxie, the one that doesn't, was a stray living in our backyard. She has a few behaviors that aren't really 'typical' compared to the cats I've known, and I've wondered if it's because she didn't have a lot of human contact when she was young. I have no way of knowing how much contact she had with other cats as well, and I think that also makes an impact on what behaviors they learn as kittens. That said, cats are individuals with weird little quirks and hang-ups like the rest of us, so like you said it could just be their personality.

Either way, it doesn't bother me - Moxie shows her affection in other ways too!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Well, since you, too, didn't raise your Moxie from day 1, maybe them being strays does have something to do with it. I kept thinking Emma would repeat Tiger's behavior on that issue, but she never has.

Emma, as usual, gave me my morning hug. That's one thing no other cat has ever done. Yes, it's absolutely amazing the differences in our kitties! All of which are sooooo lovable!

Thanks for replying!

KK (Tiger and Emma's Best Friend & Keeper - Because of them, my world is a happier place.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Tom Cat

she's a head butter. there are all kinds of cats. she's showing you affection in a different way!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page