Cricket got in a fight - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Cricket got in a fight

Through my living room window!!! This black cat just comes strolling along and they literally start fighting through the window..the black cat is jumping up and bashing into the window and Cricket is also banging at the window and the most god awful screams and howling are coming out of Cricket I couldnt believe what was going on! Cricket was puffed up to double the size and was I dont know it was just crazy! I ran to get my video camera (I wasnt about to grab Cricket to stop it because I did not want him thinking it was an attack from behind or something, did not want to get bitten nor scratched) I was able to tape the very end of it where Cricket was just doing a weird moaning noise and then when he realizes im taping him he gives me a nice little meow.. I am adding the video for everyone. Im not joking though my heart was pounding and the adrenaline was pumping IN ME cuz I was like OH MY GOSH! (Might have to turn your sound up a tad)

"Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God". ~Unknown

Last edited by Morquinn; 10-04-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 01:42 AM
Banned

When I was a kid the neighborhood Tomcats used the next door neighbor backyard as an arena for their fights.
We'd get on the roof of our garage and watch in the evening as on cat would enter from one end and another cat for the other side they'd get about 18 inches apart and yowl at each other for about 5 minutes.
Then all of a sudden it would turn into a screaming ball of flailing fur and claws, the just as suddenly it would end with one cat running off with the other behind him until he'd left the yard then the victor would kinda do a victory strut and pause to lick his wounds.
One of our Toms Hungry was quite a fighter, he was a brown mackerel tabby who'd eat anything hence his name.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 02:02 AM
Tom Cat

I understand this one!! We have a neighborhood cat that comes by and he just sits there but Logan especially takes offense to his presence. We first were awoken one night at 3 am to this horrific howling, scared the bejeebies out of me lol. Even if the window is closed, Logan attacks. The other cat just sits there unimpressed lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Tom Cat

It must be fun . .

for outside cats to antagonize inside cats. Squiggy would walk back and forth along the ledge of the outside window while the inside cats would bounce against the glass going nuts. Now and then he'd spray the window just to add insult to injury and then just sit there and stare at them through the window with half closed eyes and nary a twitch of the tail. So cool, so mean.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Banned

When this used to happen when Samantha was alive Chiquita would go bonkers and since she couldn't get at the outside cats she'd attack Samantha, I believe this is called redirected aggression.
Samantha never forgave or forgot and this was partially responsible for them never being friends.
To prevent further occurrences of this I always run off any cat's that come into my backyard.
Even now I do it, Chiquita is a good kitty, but she doesn't need to get all worked up and angry.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Senior Cat

cats sometime bother smokey in his outdoor kennel, from inside the house we can hear all the noises, if we don't get out there fast enough to chase off the intruder the last sound we hear is a yip meow as smokey knows how to use his wire as a sheild and just exactly how far he reach to deliver a perfect claw spiked swat.. when he was in his wild days I recieved one or two of those (claw holes surrounded by a bruise) in most cases the other cat never returns..

yeti cat: two toes short of the record books
eons ago there must had been a creature with a roar
like a vacuum cleaner, it most likely ate cats.
smokey,yeti, pansy, violet, ember and brullie
jolene, tammi and emma the ghost kitties in the house
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page