Anyone Else Have a Bathtub Bandit? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Anyone Else Have a Bathtub Bandit?

For a few weeks now, there has been cat urine in the tub every morning when I get into the shower. It's so often, I have learned to turn on the shower and let the urine rinse off before I step in. I had my suspicions as to who it was; it was a toss up between Egypt and Sasha, but I was leaning more towards Sasha since boys are kinda particular that way.

So, yesterday I caught him 'black-pawed' in the tub trying to bury the urine after doing his business. As soon as he saw me, he darted away and I was left with the puddle in the tub. I immediately went to all the litter boxes to check if they were dirty and all 3 but one were clean so it's not like he doesn't have a clean box to go in. He also just had a urinalysis and has no crystals or UTI's. He just likes to go in the tub, the little PITA.

Hmmm...the Vet recommended blocking his access to the tub, but I thought about it and how bad is it really? We never take tub baths and some running water and a bit of soap washes everything away. As long as he doesn't poo in the tub, we are golden.

So that brings me to ask...anyone else have kitties who prefer to pee in the tub? or is mine just a nut job?

Last edited by dweamgoil; 10-27-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Tom Cat

Mine pees in the tub and the sink on occasion, though she DOES use her litter box most of the time. She seems to use the tub/sink only at night. I just rinse and clean it and it's no big deal (might even be better than scooping pee clumps).

I read up on this not long ago, and according to some, this is not inappropriate elimination. Cats supposedly can associate the tub/sink with running water (knowing water will run there later) and it's supposed to be the equivalent of a cat urinating in a stream in the wild - so not as weird to them as it seems to us.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Tom Cat

That is pretty cool though. Wish my cat would learn to pee in the tub/sink! It would be a lot less scooping for me to do!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page