My kitten bit me, HARD. Probably my fault. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

My kitten bit me, HARD. Probably my fault.

I was doing some cooking so I had to put Toby in my room - large 18' x 20' with master bath - He's very comfortable in there with toys, water and litter box. He never fussed in there and often just lays by the door.

Well I forgot him in there for over an hour. I didn't realize I forgot about him until I went in to go to bed and realized he was in there. He started running around in full tilt play - you know, wild kitty mode. During one of his running passes he jumped up, grabbed on, and bit me on the back of the thigh hard enough to draw blood.

I don't think he was mad at me for leaving him in my room, but rather super wound up after an hour in there, and the bite was just part of uber kitty craziness play.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator

Holy crap!! Your bedroom is bigger than my living room!!

I agree with you, I think it was kitty craziness, excitement about the door opening, about seeing you, smelling the food, all of it.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 11:30 PM
Premier Cat

You gave him a timeout and he wasn't even up on your counter! Not nice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
You gave him a timeout and he wasn't even up on your counter! Not nice!
I stopped the time outs. I have taken anything interesting off the counter and he's free to see that it's boring up there.

I had to keep him away from the hot stove and my cooking preparations.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73 View Post
Holy crap!! Your bedroom is bigger than my living room!!
My living room is about the same size. My house is actually a modest 1500 Sq. ft.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

UPDATE: It may be unrelated to the bedroom incident. I think he's just hitting that crazy adolescent stage. While he is still just as snuggly at night, he seems to be randomly attacking my bare arms and legs and I'm hoping it's just a phase, as he still shows no aggression. Even during the "attacks" it seems as he's just playing, not being aggressive.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
UPDATE: It may be unrelated to the bedroom incident. I think he's just hitting that crazy adolescent stage. While he is still just as snuggly at night, he seems to be randomly attacking my bare arms and legs and I'm hoping it's just a phase, as he still shows no aggression. Even during the "attacks" it seems as he's just playing, not being aggressive.
When you were rough housing with him you sent him conflicting signals, now he thinks is okay to attack your bare arms and legs.
This is why many people avoid hand play, kittens randomly ambush and attack each other all the time, of course they have their fur to provide some protection.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Banned

BTW.
Have you considered a 2nd kitten?
One around the same age and size would provide companionship and a outlet for some of that kitten energy.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 02:42 AM
Cam
Jr. Cat

Bertie used to do that at around the same age. I found that baggy pants were great, cos often his claws/teeth just found the material not my legs Also long sleeves.
Thankfully he grew out of it. Hopefully it is just a phase, especially since he's not otherwise aggressive.
Do you also have toys that you can play with him at a distance, like on a wand or string?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I found that jeans are my answer. It doesn't hurt when he grabs on and gives me time to correct him.

He is turning in to such a love bug. When he's playing with a stuffed mouse or ball of paper he brings it to my lap to play with. If I through it across the room he just keeps returning with it to play with next to me.

(sorry to hijack my own thread)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page